Tim Sweeney compares Epic's App Store fight with Apple to civil rights movement

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    Shameful, and disgusting. If Sweeney had any shred of dignity or credibility left before this most recent comment (which he didn't), then comparing his fight with Apple to the civil rights movement certainly obliterated that.
    williamlondonDogpersondysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 40
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    Just finished a chapter of Jon Meacham's "His Truth is Marching On," about the late Civil Rights Icon and US Rep. John Lewis. The chapter deals with the Bloody Sunday march in Alabama where women, men and kids were clubbed, punched, run over by horses and tear-gassed simply because they wanted equal rights.

To come to Apple Insider and see such a stupid, selfish comparison made by a CEO is just...  :o
    DogpersoncornchipdysamoriaFileMakerFellerwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 23 of 40
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    He’s a mouthpiece for Tencent.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 40
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    ronn said:
    Just finished a chapter of Jon Meacham's "His Truth is Marching On," about the late Civil Rights Icon and US Rep. John Lewis. The chapter deals with the Bloody Sunday march in Alabama where women, men and kids were clubbed, punched, run over by horses and tear-gassed simply because they wanted equal rights.

To come to Apple Insider and see such a stupid, selfish comparison made by a CEO is just...  :o
    Ill finish for you"

"...selfish comparison made by a CEO is just..." like a rich CEO.
    williamlondondysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 40
    With that “Free Fortnite” graphic, Sweeney has solved his own problem—if you don’t want Apple to get a cut, offer it for free on the App Store!
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 40
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,303member
    Entitlement, a belief that laws don't apply to him, AND a deeply offensive display of white privilege? Congrats CEO Manbaby, you've hit the up-your-own-ass trifecta! <chef's kiss>.

All I can say is I hope Judge Rogers sees those remarks.
    ronndysamoriawilliamlondonwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 27 of 40
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    red oak said:
    Tim Sweeney is mentally deranged.  Comparing standard online digital store terms with the civil rights movement as his defense for breaking his business contract.  Unreal.  He is the definition of a nut job

Tencent gave him just enough rope to hang himself and take Fortnite off the competitive playing field
    As are most CEOs today. A bunch of compulsive man-babies with too much power, too much money and very little life experience. He’s nothing new. Although, if Steve Jobs were still around, you can bet Sweeney would have difficulty sitting down due to having his ass kicked. 
    dysamoriawilliamlondonDAalsethwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 40
    What's next for this lunatic?  Comparing it to the Holocaust?
    cornchipdysamoriaronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 40
    davidwdavidw Posts: 2,053member
    This (Civil Rights comparison) coming from a multi-billionaire CEO ($5.5B) of a multi-billion dollar company ($17B), Sweeney probably thinks that President JFK,Jr major contribution to the 60"s Civil Rights Movement, was the lowering of the Federal top marginal tax bracket from 91% to 65% and the lowering of the corporate tax rate from 52% to 47%.
    edited November 2020 dysamoriawatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 40
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    Fortnight makes most of its money sells immoral digital copies of other peoples IP. A class action by those IP holders might be a civil rights issue. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 40
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Wonder what he demanded of tencent for being the world’s biggest Tool? Unless he was too dumb to do that. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 40
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    jmurgen said:
    Wow, it’s just like the civil rights movement except the part that made it the civil rights movement, I understand now. Apparently greed does make you stupid. 
    Stupidity makes people greedy.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 40
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    dewme said:
    What a tool. I wish we lived in a time where the general public looked upon this kind of behavior, by adults no less, with utter distain and disgust. Unfortunately it's become normalized and there are far too many examples of it happening all around us. Now it's being repeated and is spreading like a virus.  
    I’m happy to see that the majority of commentators here are on the right side of history and human rights.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Seriously, what a complete pr*ck.  

Read the room, you moron!
    williamlondonwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 35 of 40
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member

REMINDER:

Tim Sweeney stole from black people when he sold their dances for $$$ without handing them a penny.

If this is the Cilvil Rights Movement Sweeney is a slave owner.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/06/is-fortnite-stealing-black-dance-culture-creator-milly-rock-argues-yes-new-lawsuit/

https://kotaku.com/after-swiping-lots-of-fortnite-dances-from-black-artist-1835285124
    mattinozwilliamlondonrazorpitronnwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Everything that has to be said about this idiotic statement, has been said on this thread. I really won't be adding any value to this thread, but the statement is so stupid, so loony, so full of hubris, that I just had to comment here. 
    JFC, this guy's faculties must really be failing. How the fuck can anybody compare a commercial venture to the Civil Rights movement? Dumb fuck. 
    williamlondonronnwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 37 of 40
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I have some sympathy for Epic's argument in the App Store debate, but Tim Sweeney is really doing his best to change that.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 38 of 40
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    I don't play Fortnight, but any interest I might have had is gone now. I won't try Fortnight, I won't try any game Epic sells. I'm going to boycott them totally and I hope others do too. As Epic contracts with smaller studios to develop games, I'd hope an Epic boycott would send a chill through the lower level developers. Do a contract with Epic, you get tainted. There's other companies they can sell their games through. 
    edited November 2020 williamlondonwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 39 of 40
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Wow, guess he wanted to leave naziism on the table?
    watto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 40 of 40
    Isn’t this the guy who claimed “he was doing this for the small developers”?  The small developers got a break with the lower 15% rate... this is just making his colors shine even truer... so now he is butt hurt that the cut doesn’t apply to epic, which shows this was not about the “small developer”, but rather his own greed (which we all already knew was the case).
    williamlondonwatto_cobrajony0