is everyone insane?

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i swear, it's like i can't say anything to anyone these days without getting someone pissed off. justified or not, some days i'd just rather not get out of bed, y'know?

anyway, i'm not going to get into specifics, because it'll probably just set someone off. hell, someone's probably already pissed that i posted a thread about nothing in particular.

just can't win.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    What are you trying to say!? I swear... one day I'll get tired of your crap...

Buck up, camper, it's a fine day in Canadia.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    pretty much. there are some individuals who just can't seem to be able to pull out that perpetual snuggy (ie or y on the end?) lately.

• Reply 3 of 21
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    As of late, most days I wouldn't want to get out of bed. Just plain tired.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm insane because I love Tim Hortons more than I should.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Ass
  • Reply 5 of 21
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    heh, thanks guys. gives me a little more confidence in the human condition these days.

i guess one technique is just not to care what others think or whether they get ticked off, but i find that to be pretty selfish. i mean, sure, freedom of speech entitles me to say what i want, but i think i have a personal responsibility to not go around antagonizing people intentionally at the same time.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You've hit the nail on the head. If people would realize that being ABLE to say/do whatever they want doesn't always automatically mean they SHOULD, this might be a nicer, cooler world.

With all that freedom and power comes a fllp-side is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

• Reply 7 of 21
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

is everyone insane?

I don't know. Why are you asking me? Why do you keep looking at me that way!?
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

heh, thanks guys. gives me a little more confidence in the human condition these days.

i guess one technique is just not to care what others think or whether they get ticked off, but i find that to be pretty selfish. i mean, sure, freedom of speech entitles me to say what i want, but i think i have a personal responsibility to not go around antagonizing people intentionally at the same time.

Screw you!

Quote:

There once lived a great warrior. Though quite old, he still was able to defeat any challenger. His reputation extended far and wide throughout the land and many students gathered to study under him.

One day an infamous young warrior arrived at the village. He was determined to be the first man to defeat the great master. Along with his strength, he had an uncanny ability to spot and exploit any weakness in an opponent. He would wait for his opponent to make the first move, thus revealing a weakness, and then would strike with merciless force and lightning speed. No one had ever lasted with him in a match beyond the first move.

Much against the advice of his concerned students, the old master gladly accepted the young warrior's challenge. As the two squared off for battle, the young warrior began to hurl insults at the old master. He threw dirt and spit in his face. For hours he verbally assaulted him with every curse and insult known to mankind. But the old warrior merely stood there motionless and calm. Finally, the young warrior exhausted himself. Knowing he was defeated, he left feeling shamed.

Somewhat disappointed that he did not fight the insolent youth, the students gathered around the old master and questioned him. "How could you endure such an indignity? How did you drive him away?"

"If someone comes to give you a gift and you do not receive it," the master replied, "to whom does the gift belong?"

• Reply 9 of 21
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

Story of the old warrior

Nice (japanese ?) tale
  • Reply 10 of 21
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

justified or not, some days i'd just rather not get out of bed, y'know?

Airport.

iBook or PowerBook.

Post from bed.

Best of both worlds.

"paranoia is just reality at higher resolution"
  • Reply 11 of 21
    is everyone insane ?

Yes definitively
  • Reply 12 of 21
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Things would be so much nicer and everyone would be able to get along in peace and happiness if everyone just saw things my way.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

is everyone insane ?

Yes definitively

why are you able to change your second title while I'm not?

BRAD !!!

• Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

why are you able to change your second title while I'm not?

BRAD !!!

You are not insane enough
  • Reply 15 of 21
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    yes the world is insane. people need to learn how to drive too, and learn to be more patient when driving
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Yes. Unfortunately, insane and stupid are becoming intertwined.

And when the hell did this become a fücking war rant board?
  • Reply 17 of 21
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mikey Offender

And when the hell did this become a fücking war rant board?

Who the fück gave YOU the right to fücking gratuitously spew the motherfücking fücked-up word fück? Huh? FÜCK!
  • Reply 18 of 21
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Buck up, camper, it's a fine day in Canadia.

Snowing, snowing, snowing in April here in Canadia. Maybe that's getting to Rok.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Check the sig.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i used to think i was insane. but then i figured out that one of the voices in my head was schizophrenic, and it was probably just him. i just hope that schizophrenia doesn't bleed.