Samsung apes Apple, won't ship chargers and headphones with devices

Posted:
in General Discussion
New regulatory filings confirm that Samsung will follow Apple's lead and remove the included charger from the boxes of upcoming Galaxy devices.

Credit: Samsung
Credit: Samsung


Apple in October removed the bundled power adapter from its iPhone boxes, citing environment reasons. Shortly after, Samsung mocked Apple for the move in a Facebook post. That dig hasn't aged well.

Regulatory filings, filed with Brazil's ANATEL and first spotted by Tecnoblog, confirm that none of the trio of devices in the Samsung Galaxy S21 lineup will ship with an included power adapter. Additionally, they'll also lack headphones in the box.

Other details on the devices are scarce, but Tecnoblog indicates that at least two of them will also sport Ultra Wideband technology.

Samsung's trolling ad that claimed Galaxy devices came with chargers has been deleted since its posting, though it isn't clear when.

The South Korea tech giant has a long history of mocking Apple for decisions that it eventually mimics. For example, Samsung poked fun at Apple for killing the headphone jack on the iPhone 7. It eventually removed the headphone jack on its Galaxy devices -- as well as the ads that mocked Apple for doing the same.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 38
    KTRKTR Posts: 80member
    wel, wel, well.  Imagine that.  Monkey see, monkey do.  Those who can't lead, will follow. lol]
    elijahgronnnapoleon_phoneapartMacPromagman1979razorpitbeowulfschmidtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 38
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,159member
    How many weeks ago was it when Samsung was chastising Apple for not including a charger? 6? Idiots.
    Beatsnapoleon_phoneapartlkruppmagman1979InspiredCoderazorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 38
    KTRKTR Posts: 80member
    elijahg said:
    How many weeks ago was it when Samsung was chastising Apple for not including a charger? 6? Idiots.
    They are hypocrites.
    Beatsnapoleon_phoneapartmagman1979razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 38
    BeatsBeats Posts: 2,337member
    So Samsung will copy Apple again after mocking them?

    Anyone have a count on how many times Samsung has done this with their knockoff Apple products?
    napoleon_phoneapartmagman1979razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 38
    XedXed Posts: 899member
    Beats said:
    Anyone have a count on how many times Samsung has done this with their knockoff Apple products?
    Including this one the count is now up to every time.
    TheObannonFileBeatsronnnapoleon_phoneapartstompymagman1979jdb8167razorpitapplguywatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 38
    Absolutely no one saw that coming
    Beatsronnnapoleon_phoneapartmagman1979razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 38
    Samesung. 
    ronnnapoleon_phoneapartmagman1979razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 38
    Loudly mock
    Quietly adopt
    Beatsnapoleon_phoneapartbaconstangmagman1979razorpitSpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 38
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 631member
    Beats said:
    So Samsung will copy Apple again after mocking them?

    Anyone have a count on how many times Samsung has done this with their knockoff Apple products?
    6,387.

     There was never any question of IF they would do it, only a question of WHEN. I just thought maybe they’d let the dust settle a bit, ya know? I’m a little  embarrassed for them, actually. 
    ronnnapoleon_phoneapartmagman1979razorpitDetnatorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 38
    BeatsBeats Posts: 2,337member
    Japhey said:
    Beats said:
    So Samsung will copy Apple again after mocking them?

    Anyone have a count on how many times Samsung has done this with their knockoff Apple products?
    6,387.

     There was never any question of IF they would do it, only a question of WHEN. I just thought maybe they’d let the dust settle a bit, ya know? I’m a little  embarrassed for them, actually. 

    It's funny because there was an article here about the ad mocking Apple. Everyone except the usual iKnockoff morons saw it coming.

    Samsung has literally removed ads mocking Apple AFTER they did the exact same thing! Where is the media? Where is all the people mocking Samsung? They sure are quiet!
    napoleon_phoneapartDancingMonkeysronnmagman1979razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 38
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,506member
    How many times Samsung having to eat crow. God, have a mercy..
    napoleon_phoneapartwatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 38
    These people are beyond pathetic... and beyond shameless...
    napoleon_phoneapartronnBeatsmagman1979razorpitSpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 38
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,146member
    So what about the outrage expressed in these forums when Apple announced this? Can we expect to hear from those same outraged posters castigating Samsung? I’m betting not. Will Samsung be accused of skullduggery like those same posters trashed Apple over? Just wondering.

    We have a Samsung HDTV and a Samsung refrigerator. No more Samsung products in my household going forward. Lowlife bastards.
    edited December 2020 ronnwilliamhBeatsmagman1979razorpitFidonet127watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Gotta love those Samsung apes.
    ronnmagman1979Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 38
    Always disparaging the competition because their products are copycat garbage. They can’t win under their own merits. 
    If Apple wouldn’t have literally taught them how to build a phone their mobile phone business would be irrelevant. 
    Everything from their washers to TVs to refrigerators to phones are garbage. 

    magman1979BeatsDetnatorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 38
    Doesn’t anyone want to claim that Samsung should be forced to provide a charger?
    BeatsFidonet127beowulfschmidtioniclewatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 38
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,050member
    Is anyone surprised by this? Apple ditches power adapters, makes up a lame excuse about the environment and reaps the cost savings (and the scorn.) Samsung quietly follows suit and gets the cost savings without the scorn. If Samsung had done it first and Apple followed, how would people here be reacting? I would also note that Samsung at least included a more-useful 15W charger with its latest phones as opposed to Apple’s paltry 5W charger, so theoretically Samsung consumers will have a useful charger to use.
    lkrupp said:
    So what about the outrage expressed in these forums when Apple announced this? Can we expect to hear from those same outraged posters castigating Samsung? I’m betting not. Will Samsung be accused of skullduggery like those same posters trashed Apple over? Just wondering.

    We have a Samsung HDTV and a Samsung refrigerator. No more Samsung products in my household going forward. Lowlife bastards.
    Have you checked Android/samsung forums to see? I have no idea but there may well be outrage there. Perhaps you could verify before you assume and vilify. 



    edited December 2020 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 18 of 38
    Awww... that was the best part.
    Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 38
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 1,037member
    Aside from the saw that coming observations, it’s worth noting that Apple’s stated environmental goals are amplified here as well. By leading the way in not manufacturing and shipping millions of items that will ultimately go unused, the imitators will now follow suit. The environmental impact of this is significant. 
    Fidonet127beowulfschmidtDetnatorwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 38
    fred1fred1 Posts: 784member
    Please don’t include a phone either. All I’d ever want from Samsung is a box. 
    anantksundaramBeatsmagman1979watto_cobra
Sign In or Register to comment.