Apple shows off AirPods Max in new ad spot and design video

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2020
Apple debuted two videos showing off the AirPods Max and detailing features like active noise cancellation (ANC), transparency mode, and Spatial Audio.

AirPods Max videos show off features and design
AirPods Max videos show off features and design

The first video is "Introducing AirPods Max," done in similar fashion to the classic Jony Ive product videos. Two Apple executives narrate the short video -- first Evans Hankey, Apple vice president of Industrial Design, then Gary Geaves, VP of Acoustics.

The second video is a short ad called "Journey into Sound," which gives closeup visuals of the headphones in a surreal landscape. The listener tumbles through space as they fall into the music, only to be interrupted when they switch ANC to transparency mode with a tap.

AirPods Max were announced on Tuesday via press release and cost $549. They feature ANC, Adaptive EQ, Spatial Audio, and two H1 processors for the best audio experience on Apple products.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    Yikes! Airpods Max Ca-Ching!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    This seems very interesting. I have the Beats Studio 3, and for cheap headphones, they’re good. By cheap, I mean wireless phones that also do noise cancelling for $299. Yeah, that’s cheap. A lot of Bose and other models are a lot more expensive. These new ones are priced at that market level.
    ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Checked the Australian price - A$899. Ouch. I know it's not necessarily expensive for top-end headphones, but well out of my budget. Kind of glad I picked up some AirPods Pro on special at only A$329 - A$70 off RRP, and only A$10 more than non-Pro wireless charging AirPods.

Now if I could just work out which set of tips is the right balance of fitting in my ears and blocking out external sound...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    AUD$899! For Bluetooth headphones!

the comparison between these and the ANC standards Sony XM4 and Bose 700 will be quite interesting, given you can regularly get either for a touch over AUD$300.