What's up with Safari's preferences???

rara
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Shouldn't Safari be getting this information from the system preferences ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Well you should change it to HOME PAGE. That is what I am assuming.

I think HOME PAGE is the one that pulls it from you system prefs.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rara Posts: 623member
    What does that have to do with anything???

Notice the information in the red box. Also notice how this information is set in the system preferences.

My question: why is Safari trying to set this information itself and not pulling it from the system preferences like it should?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Sorry...worked all day and miss read your question.

I don't know why it would be acting like that but you are using a beta build of Safari...v67 if I am correct. Also as far I can see from your two screenshots, the info matches...how is that not pulling from the same location? Am I missing something?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

Sorry...worked all day and miss read your question.

I don't know why it would be acting like that but you are using a beta build of Safari...v67 if I am correct. Also as far I can see from your two screenshots, the info matches...how is that not pulling from the same location? Am I missing something?

I think his point is that this is REDUNDANT information. Why did Apple put this stuff into Safari when you're supposd to set this stuff system-wide in System Prefs? It's just unnecessary to have it in this locale.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Ooooohhh...sorry I misunderstood. Maybe because it might just be handy to have it with your browser is as well. Who knows though.

Maybe they should do something like Camino does. You can use the global preferences set by your internet preferences or you can use Camino specific options. Maybe that would be better.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    RA, when you change the setting in safari it also changes in system prefs. Its just there to make it convienent.

What I want to know tho is, why does the homepage keep switching back to the livepage setting... come on apple. Lets get the next beta on the go.