Kernal Panics

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've started getting kernal panics recently and the only thing that is different is my HD setup. I had OS X on a 5gb partition and most of my other files on a 35gb partition (it was a 40gb drive) and i did carbon copy cloner to clone the 5gb to a FW drive and then restored it to a reformatted drive that was just 40gb

I keep getting a kernal panic...or well it says waiting for remote debugger, adn i thought that only happens when you are running a debugger?

if so is there a way i can turn it off, and if not what can i do...anything?

-i have 3rd party ram in but that has been running for months without cause

-i have a Pioneer A05 but that has been in for several weeks wouth problem

jw if my system could have gotten currupted over the transfer and if there is a way to fix it...it seems to happen for no reason, it has happened 2x just when i logged in, while everything was loading up

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i think it might be the drive cuz it would make sense on that is why it panics at login when it reads it and also its been acting strangly since like when i log out and log in the discs wont load and it wont recognize it i'll ahve to restrat cuz i cant burn CD in itunes
  • Reply 2 of 3
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    is there a way to update the system?

cuz i have alot of prefs and stuff on each account on my computer, i dont want to loose them...how do reinstall an OS without loosing that information?