'Apple Glass' prototype reportedly enters second stage of production

Posted:
in General Discussion
New supply chain reports claim a prototype "Apple Glass" is in phase two of production, following recent rumors of a 2021 release for the AR device.

Backing up the report by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo that "Apple Glass" will be released in 2021, a new claim says it has passed a first stage of production.

"Apple is about to enter the second phase of its AR glasses prototype development," says Digitimes in a report, "according to industry sources."

There is no detail of what this second phase represents, nor how many phases are expected. However, it does suggest that "Apple Glass" is progressing toward a commercial release.

Previously, Ming-Chi Kuo had expected "Apple Glass" to launch in 2022 at the earliest. His latest report brings this forward to 2021, which ties in closer with claims from serial leaker Jon Prosser.

As well as predicting a launch between March and June 2021 launch, Prosser has previously said that "Apple Glass" will retail from $499. That cost would be for a version without prescription lenses, and possibly for a plastic frame.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,023member
    Glad to see this going forward.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Probably unveiled at WWDC 2021 in June.

exciting stuff
    watto_cobraradarthekat
  • Reply 3 of 9
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    Will have to keep an eye on this...
    watto_cobraradarthekat
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ...merely a spectacle.  
    bikerdudewatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    thrang said:
    Will have to keep an eye on this...
    Groan...you couldn’t resist,  could you?  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 9
    tshapitshapi Posts: 370member
    Remember for new products, Apple likes to tease it months before it’s actually released.  I suspect this will be announced at the iPhone event. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    I’m interested to see if Apple has managed to make these more useful than google did. It’s a good time to release such a product. The current style for glasses is perfect for concealing the electronics - bigger lenses and thick plastic frames. Essentially ’nerd’ is in! 🤓
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    MplsP said:
    I’m interested to see if Apple has managed to make these more useful than google did. It’s a good time to release such a product. The current style for glasses is perfect for concealing the electronics - bigger lenses and thick plastic frames. Essentially ’nerd’ is in! 🤓

Remember when people said Apple would release a VR headset that required you to slap an iPhone to your face? Just because Sammy did that nerdy crap?

No. Apple will not release cyborg glasses like Google or some other nerd company will.

As far as "nerd" style goes I doubt it. They may have the option but believe me these glasses will look normal and fashionable.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 9
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Good to see Apple’s vision coming into focus. 

Ba dum dum
    ihatescreennames