DVDSP2 FCP 4 Shake 3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Front page of apple.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Because with the inclusion of unlimited network render licenses and render management software on Mac OS X, visual effects artists can now distribute rendering tasks across multiple PowerPC G4-based Macintosh computers.

cool
  • Reply 2 of 41
    myahmacmyahmac Posts: 222member
    xserve clusters oh yeah. but newaay. i personaly like the fact that you can do real time time warping now. kind of a pain that imovie could do it but fcp couldn't. and instead of just percentages you can key it all nice and pretty like. i love doing lots of slow downs and speed ups.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Damn Impressive.

Final Cut gets Cinema Tools included (previously $999.00), some pretty robust animation tools which they're calling LiveType...but if you read a little deeper you can attach any graphic to a LiveType feature (ala AfterEffects), a true VBR encoder for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 (ala Cleaner), and what looks like a mini-Logic app called Soundtrack. Wowza.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I can't wait! June is too far away! Nice to see the new features in all 3 apps.

I am really digging the true 24p stuff. It will be great at work since we are getting more HD work.
  • Reply 5 of 41
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Any ideas what the Education upgrade will cost?
  • Reply 6 of 41
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    The specs say 60Gb for apps and 20Gb for livetext (or whatever it's called), 80Gb for the lot! how many DVDs is it going to need - good piracy ploy though - or do you think they meant Mb?
  • Reply 7 of 41
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

The specs say 60Gb for apps and 20Gb for livetext (or whatever it's called), 80Gb for the lot! how many DVDs is it going to need - good piracy ploy though - or do you think they meant Mb?

Well, the box seems to be kinda large
  • Reply 8 of 41
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

No they mean Gigabytes. Alot of that space is going to be the LiveType Font Families. And Soundtrack Audio files. That's alot of data though. 80MB would be too small so it has to be correct as Gigabytes.

Correction- FCP4 pdf shows

1GB for Application

5GB for Soundtrack files

9GB for LiveType
  • Reply 9 of 41
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    I'm just happy they finally sell their emagic software in the apple store now And they have the EMI 6|2 m Gold Production Kit with Logic Gold 6! While Gold 6 was just anounced (not shipping till end of april) the EMI 6|2 m Gold Production Kit on emagics site still shows Gold 5 included. Apple showing new emagic stuff before emagic?
  • Reply 10 of 41
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    No price cut in the UK for DVD Studio pro!

http://www.apple.com/uk/dvdstudiopro/newversion/

I hope they sort this out.
  • Reply 11 of 41
    lixlix Posts: 56member
    i see fcp4 features "rt extreme"

much extremeness everywhere, just waiting for my powermac extreme now :-)
  • Reply 12 of 41
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Wow does DVD Studio Pro 2 look easy or what?! I am pumped! And the nice price tag at 500 dollars is a steal!
  • Reply 13 of 41
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

Wow does DVD Studio Pro 2 look easy or what?! I am pumped! And the nice price tag at 500 dollars is a steal!

Yes indeed ..that UI looks yummy. I hope it's as easy as it looks.

FCP4 is just stunning. More RT effects. Better Audio. Excellent integration of the Prismo Tech. Soundtrack..wow I never saw that coming. It even supports ACID files which means as long as it importants them correctly you have thousands of loops to pop right in. Compressor...no need for Media Cleaner Pro.

FCP has roughtly $2500 worth of new functions in it now. It's a bonafide Steal!
  • Reply 14 of 41
    I am just so hyped on this new stuff man! My boss just ordered our new seats of FCP4. Any idea when DVDSP2 will be on the Apple Store?
  • Reply 15 of 41
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

I am just so hyped on this new stuff man! My boss just ordered our new seats of FCP4. Any idea when DVDSP2 will be on the Apple Store?

August.
  • Reply 16 of 41
    DAMN!! I like all the new UI stuff to it. I guess good things come to those that wait.
  • Reply 17 of 41
    The upgrade price is now more but it has tons of goodies....

One app does many things like

Editing

audio mixing

titling

compositing

AUDIO AND VIDEO COMPRESSION AT ANY CODEC!!!!!!!! <----- Can ditch Cleaner!

24fps support <----- no need to pay for separated app!

Sounds like one hell of an upgrade for an increased (but still VERY impressive) price
  • Reply 18 of 41
    I totally agree! It is a huge upgrade! FCP4 and DVDSP2 are a solid set of apps. There is so much to these new apps that it is hard to grasp. I hope it has better image sequence support.

Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

The upgrade price is now more but it has tons of goodies....

One app does many things like

Editing

audio mixing

titling

compositing

AUDIO AND VIDEO COMPRESSION AT ANY CODEC!!!!!!!! <----- Can ditch Cleaner!

24fps support <----- no need to pay for separated app!

Sounds like one hell of an upgrade for an increased (but still VERY impressive) price

• Reply 19 of 41
    If I get a video project this summer I will upgrade my FCP for sure

Man...the RT extreme and RT audio effects alone are enough to make me jump
  • Reply 20 of 41
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

August.

It would be cool if they have a sneak peak at the Apple Stores sooner....