Anker's new accessory lineup includes magnetic iPhone cases, iPhone 12 stands

Posted:
in General Discussion
Anker on Monday unveiled a new lineup of products and accessories for Apple devices, including some that can attach to MagSafe-equipped iPhone models.

Credit: Anker
Credit: Anker

Some of the new accessories include power banks that will be able to magnetically attach to the back of an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro model. Although these power banks leverage the MagSafe magnetic attachment points, they won't provide MagSafe speeds. They will be available in capacities up to 10,000 mAh and will debut in February 2021 from $37.99 to $51.99.

Similarly, Anker is debuting new magnetic wireless chargers and stands. Like the battery packs, these won't incorporate faster MagSafe charging speeds -- they'll be capped at 7.5W like Qi wireless charging. But there will be a range of stands, including ones that will start at $20.99. They'll debut in March 2021.

The new Anker PowerWave Go 3-in-1 wireless charging solution. Credit: Anker
The new Anker PowerWave Go 3-in-1 wireless charging solution. Credit: Anker

As a potential AirPower replacement, Anker also took the wraps off a new PowerWave Go 3-in-1 charging stand that will be able to power up an iPhone, an AirPods charging case, and an Apple Watch simultaneously. The PowerWave Go 3-in-1 also sports a detachable 10,000mAh wireless pad. It'll launch in March with a price between $159.99 to $199.99, depending on
configuration.

The Anker PowerExpand mini dock. Credit: Anker
The Anker PowerExpand mini dock. Credit: Anker

The accessory maker is also debuting a new PowerExpand 5-in-1 Thunderbolt 4 Mini Dock that will be able to charge laptops up to 85W. The dock will also be able to drive a single 8K monitor or a pair of 4K displays. It'll debut in February and will cost $199.99.

There will also be new magnetic cases for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 lineup in various designs, as well as new Lightning to USB-C cables in new pastel color options.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I bought an Anker charger with a USB-C and USB-A ports a couple years ago and its USB-C started getting flaky after a few months and then finally just died completely.   No more Anker for me.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    No more Anker for me.
    Wow, one data point and you're out. Oh well. I've used several Anker products and have be very happy with most, and pleased overall.

I like the idea of a magnetic charging pack much more than a battery case. To me the speed of 7.5W vs 12W (for my 12 mini) is far from a deal breaker. I have the ESR car vent charger and have found 7.5W to be perfectly adequate to maintain a high level of charge. But unlike so many iPhone users, I never run mine down to low levels, so ultra-fast charging doesn't affect my use cases.

The idea of a magnetic battery pack instead of a battery case really appeals to me, as it's easily removed when a sufficient level of charge is reached. No need to suffer added bulk unnecessarily. I hope more manufacturers follow that lead as good competition is good.

As for the 3-in-1 stand, I prefer the look of Belkin's offering though it may not be shipping yet. I'm in no hurry for one, so we'll see what competition may bring.
    razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    I bought an Anker charger with a USB-C and USB-A ports a couple years ago and its USB-C started getting flaky after a few months and then finally just died completely.   No more Anker for me.
    Wow, they didn’t respond to your request to replace? Their customer service is generally above average.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    No links to any other details? I don't see any of this info on Anker's site after clicking around a few mins. Where is this information from?
    watto_cobra