Big announcement 1/13/2021

Posted:
in AppleOutsider
Soooooo, any rumors or clues as to what the Big Announcement will be?  Gayle King says it’s not a new product but it is very important.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
     Apple giving away the new U2 album for free to all Apple device owners 😂

Just kidding.
    sphericSpamSandwichmaria32
  • Reply 2 of 10
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    Tim Cook joining the Biden administration?
    maria32
  • Reply 3 of 10
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I’ll pull something out of my ass and say it might be a huge, significant purchase/merger. Or maybe an announcement that iOS will be open to third party app stores.

Or possibly The Board is shutting down the company, selling the assets and giving the money back to the investors. Maybe Michael Dell was right all along.  o:)
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 4 of 10
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Could be a service.  Not a product, from a certain point of view.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,624member
    Money related?

A large funding effort for some 'world' projects? Something akin to the Gates Foundation? 
  • Reply 6 of 10
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Okay, David Pogue who is now live on MacBreak Weekly has heard the announcement will be that Apple Stores will serve as vaccine centers.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    lkrupp said:
    Okay, David Pogue who is now live on MacBreak Weekly has heard the announcement will be that Apple Stores will serve as vaccine centers.
    Well, they do say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    lkrupp said:
    Yeah... No. 
    It's a $100 million fund for answering racial injustice. Not what I'd call "a major announcement" but certainly a worthy outreach. 

BTW, congrats Avon.  You were on the right track, just reaching a bit higher. 
    edited January 2021
  • Reply 9 of 10
    gatorguy said:
    lkrupp said:
    Yeah... No. 
    It's a $100 million fund for answering racial injustice. Not what I'd call "a major announcement" but certainly a worthy outreach. 

BTW, congrats Avon.  You were on the right track, just reaching a bit higher. 
    Good lord. Tim Cook, you are no longer the CEO of Apple. You are a political activist stealing from Apple’s piggy bank.
    razorpit
  • Reply 10 of 10
    SpamSandwich said:

Good lord. Tim Cook, you are no longer the CEO of Apple. You are a political activist stealing from Apple’s piggy bank.
    Every large corporation does stuff like that.  If you don't like it, don't buy their products.

edited January 2021