Plugable announces the availability of a new 7-in-one hub with Ethernet and 4K 30Hz capabi...

Posted:
in General Discussion
Plugable has launched a new USB-C hub to provide users with seven commonly used ports, including Ethernet, HDMI, and USB-A 3.0 ports.

Plugable announces the availability of a new 7-in-one hub with Ethernet and 4K 30Hz capabilities

While we love our MacBooks, there are times when the included ports just aren't enough. That's why we always keep an eye out for great docks and hubs.

Accessory-maker Plugable has just released a new 7-in-1 USB-C Hub, dubbed the USBC-7IN1E. Its small size allows it to be easily placed within a bag, making it the perfect travel accessory for creatives on the go.

The USBC-7IN1E includes a gigabit Ethernet port for fast data transfer, SD card and microSD card slots, and two USB-A 3.0 ports for legacy devices.

Additionally, it includes one 4K HDMI port, capable of supporting an additional display at resolutions of up to 3840x2160 at 30Hz. If you've got a device that supports DisplayPort 1.4, such as a Microsoft Surface Pro, the USBC-7IN1E can support an HDMI display at 4K at 60Hz.

It also includes an 87W Power Delivery pass-through charging port, keeping your computer charged up without needing to use a separate port on your device.

Plugable's USBC-7IN1E is available for $34.95 at Amazon, with a limited-time, $5 off launch coupon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jeromecjeromec Posts: 190member
    There are dozens of similar USB-C hubs on Amazon.
    How is this news?
    scartartOfer
  • Reply 2 of 5
    OferOfer Posts: 237unconfirmed, member
    jeromec said:
    How is this news?
    Agreed. I’ve been on the hunt for a good USB-C hub for my new M1 Air, and there are hundreds on Amazon. Hard to tell which one to pick. If you filter them to read the negative reviews almost all of them show cases of the hubs causing damage to the ports on the Mac. Also, I’m finding it really difficult to find a portable USB-C hub that includes a headphone jack. Plenty of larger desktop hubs that include it, but none of the portable ones seem to.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Ofer said:
    jeromec said:
    How is this news?
    Agreed. I’ve been on the hunt for a good USB-C hub for my new M1 Air, and there are hundreds on Amazon. Hard to tell which one to pick. If you filter them to read the negative reviews almost all of them show cases of the hubs causing damage to the ports on the Mac. Also, I’m finding it really difficult to find a portable USB-C hub that includes a headphone jack. Plenty of larger desktop hubs that include it, but none of the portable ones seem to.
    Why do you need one when the laptops all have headphone jacks?
    Oferwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    OferOfer Posts: 237unconfirmed, member
    Ofer said:
    jeromec said:
    How is this news?
    Why do you need one when the laptops all have headphone jacks?
    “fastasleep” thank you! I still haven’t received the laptop (ordered a custom config from Apple) and was misinformed that it doesn’t have a headphone jack. You’ve just saved me a bunch of more wasted time. Now to just figure out which of the hundreds of USB-C hubs out there to get.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,299member
    jeromec said:
    How is this news?

What seems to be better news is it looks like makers of more significant USB-c/Thunderbolt items. ie eGPU and Monitor makers have worked out it is a good idea to build some hub functions into their products.

watto_cobra