EU demanding Apple give equal treatment to all apps in privacy shakeup

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    spheric said:

sgordon said:
    I remember when the EU wasn’t happy about company computers buying digital equipment because they were worried it would lead to a lack of competition. Anyone remember what’s next ? Compared bought digital, then ho bought company, then he slip into two companies. Oh and many others were bought as well
    I have no idea what you are referring to, and I'm having trouble understanding the scenario you are describing. 
    He has all kinds of spelling issues or auto correct issues but he is referring to Compaq buying Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) around 1998 and a few years later HP buying Compaq.   And alleged EU misgivings.  
    roundaboutnowwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 24
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    nicholfd said:
    mobird said:
    Apple should be the "gold" standard in displaying the Nutritionals on their own apps on their own app store.
    Don't be hypocritical and don't give them reason to question your own actions or lack of them regarding rules and app store agreements.
    You must not realize that Apple already has Nutritionals on their own apps, in the app stores.  They are already doing what the require others to do.

This article is about the opt-in of tracking.  If Apple apps do tracking, I'm confident Apple will require opt-in by the user, when this is turned on.

Here's a screenshot of the "label" for iMove from the Mac app store:
    I imagine  the problem (if indeed there even is a problem - see my previous comment) will be with bundled apps.  e.g.  does iMessage have privacy nutritional information in any obvious place?
  • Reply 23 of 24

They're sleeping at the wheel lately in Brussels lately, aren't they? First the corona fiasco with AstraZeneca, then the Borell fiasco in Moscow, and now this...

watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 24
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    basjhj said:

They're sleeping at the wheel lately in Brussels lately, aren't they? First the corona fiasco with AstraZeneca, then the Borell fiasco in Moscow, and now this...

"This" is not a thing though.