Renault touted as great potential Apple Car partner by analyst

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Sure let’s go with Renault. 

Remember this?

George Costanza didn’t think it was so cool:

GEORGE: My father had a car salesman buddy. He was gonna fix him up real nice. Next thing I know, I’m gettin’ dropped of in a Le Car with a fabric sunroof. All the kids are shoutin’ at me, "Hey, Le George! Bonjour, Le George! Let’s stuff Le George in Le Locker!"

watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 29
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    No no and no. 

A French car company?! Did I say no no and no?
    “They seek him here, they seek him there. Those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven or is he in hell? That damned elusive Pimpernel [Apple car].”
    entropyswatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 29
    No no and no. 

A French car company?! Did I say no no and no?
    Bugatti is wholly owned by Volkswagen, since 1998. VW is a German company. The Bugatti is manufactured in a VW subsidiary in Molsheim, France. Considering the political situations of France and Germany in the 1940s, I'm inclined to look more favourably on France. However Germany has moved a little in the correct direction since 1945, and France has moved a little in the wrong.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    First, not sure why you have two separate article about Renault and Nissan when it is in fact one company.

Second, all guys here. Is it our business who will manufacture it? Do you think Apple will not choose parts suppliers and will not control manufacturing and quality? You seem like new into Apple world.
    edited February 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    From the strategy point of view, it would make sense for Renault because Renault would enter the US market (even with Apple logo).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 29
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,911member
    frantisek said:
    First, not sure why you have two separate article about Renault and Nissan when it is in fact one company.

Second, all guys here. Is it our business who will manufacture it? Do you think Apple will not choose parts suppliers and will not control manufacturing and quality? You seem like new into Apple world.
    They are not one company - Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi have an alliance with some co-ownership, but they are separate companies. 

Does anything said here have any bearing on what Apple will do? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 29
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    Sure let’s go with Renault. 

Remember this?

George Costanza didn’t think it was so cool:

GEORGE: My father had a car salesman buddy. He was gonna fix him up real nice. Next thing I know, I’m gettin’ dropped of in a Le Car with a fabric sunroof. All the kids are shoutin’ at me, "Hey, Le George! Bonjour, Le George! Let’s stuff Le George in Le Locker!"

Didn't this car have 3 lugnuts per wheel? I guess if it's light weight and low powered, 3 should be enough!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 29
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    MplsP said:
    frantisek said:

They are not one company - Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi have an alliance with some co-ownership, but they are separate companies. 

Does anything said here have any bearing on what Apple will do? 
    Without a steering wheel and presumably being a self-driving appliance on wheels (Car as a Service), the Apple car wouldn't seem to rely on the assembly partner as much, as I suspect the interior will be minimalist. The assembly partner would have to have experience with BEV's, so Kia, Nissan, and Renault would suffice (as would others). This doesn't seem to be a "halo" sports car, rather more like a smart/connected minivan (connected for the passengers). And Apple would supply or at least develop the key technology bits.

Edited for clarity.
    edited February 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 29
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Electric cars have very poor heating system. How does it solve this problem for drivers suffering extreme cold weather?
    watto_cobra