New 'Mythic Quest' trailer released, season 2 to debut on May 7

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple TV+'s hit office-gaming comedy returns for its second season on May 7, with a new trailer hinting at the hijinks to come.

The trailer shows the game's creator, Ian, and newly-promoted co-creative director Poppy attempting to figure out where Mythic Quest's first expansion should take place, only for the two to immediately realize they see the game heading in different directions. The trailer also hints that there will be at least a couple of big-name guest stars, including Snoop Dogg.

"Mythic Quest" looks at life inside the company that makes a World of Warcraft-like video game, has a pedigree that's heavily associated with the long-running cable comedy series "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

AppleInsider reviewed the first season of "Mythic Quest," calling the series a clever, sometimes hilarious look at life in the offices of a gaming company.

Apple had originally ordered the second season of "Mythic Quest" in December of 2019, before the series had even released to the streaming service. While the show had hit some snags in production due to the coronavirus, the cast wrapped up season two production in early 2021

"Mythic Quest" joins other Apple TV+ shows getting a second season, including space-race drama "For All Mankind," historical comedy "Dickinson," and psychological horror "Servant."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Watched a few episodes. Haven’t finished it but seems funny and a some what of a exaggerated farcical look at gaming developers and companies.  

Well. . . at least I thought until CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077.  :|

It’s like Silicon Valley meets Parks and Recreation. 

Not as legendary as those yet but who knows. 
    edited February 2021 StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I have played a major MMO which looks similar to Mythic Quest, but when I read through the Credits for the game, I thought there would be about 500 programmers and 10 artists, but it was the other way around. Yet I don't recall any artists being shown in the first season of Mythic Quest. At the very least they should introduce a new character who is an artist and give some stories to the artwork aspect of the game.

Maybe storylines like this: the artists hide sexy easter eggs in the game (maybe fake images of the company's leaders being naughty?)
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Its quirky but I sort of like it and cringe at same time.

Actress that plays poppy is hot :-) 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I have played a major MMO which looks similar to Mythic Quest, but when I read through the Credits for the game, I thought there would be about 500 programmers and 10 artists, but it was the other way around. Yet I don't recall any artists being shown in the first season of Mythic Quest. At the very least they should introduce a new character who is an artist and give some stories to the artwork aspect of the game.

Maybe storylines like this: the artists hide sexy easter eggs in the game (maybe fake images of the company's leaders being naughty?)
    Please stop sharing your "ideas".
    lolliverasdasd
  • Reply 5 of 8
    crowley said:

Please stop sharing your "ideas".
    You need serious help.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Season 1 was hilariously funny and uncomfortably cringey. Bravo!
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I actually like the idea of adding artists as characters. Us programmers are great, but we def need our artists & designers!

First season was good. Slow to start but then picked up as they got their sea legs. COVID special was very amusing.
    edited February 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    I really liked Season 1, and especially Ep 5, I think where all the goofballs took a step back. And I'll be there for Season 2. ATV+ is well worth the $5/mo, when the time comes.
    lolliverwatto_cobra