WhatsApp will disable messages unless users agree to new privacy policy

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    longpath said:
    Zuckerberg’s antics is more than justification for ceasing to use any of the systems he has control over. While I miss some folks on the periphery of my network, staying connected with them wasn’t worth the exposure to Zuckerberg and his megalomania.

Say what you will, but Zuckerberg is the last one left standing of the original batch of tech entrepreneurs who changed the world.

Jobs
    Gates
    Bezos
    Page
    ...  All gone or retired...

That may be a mean, cruel, cynical twist on the saying "We save the best for last".
  • Reply 22 of 25
    longpath said:
    Zuckerberg’s antics is more than justification for ceasing to use any of the systems he has control over. While I miss some folks on the periphery of my network, staying connected with them wasn’t worth the exposure to Zuckerberg and his megalomania.

Say what you will, but Zuckerberg is the last one left standing of the original batch of tech entrepreneurs who changed the world.

Jobs
    Gates
    Bezos
    Page

That may be a mean, cruel, cynical twist on the saying "We save the best for last".
    How about Musk?
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    hcrefugee said:
    "Signal," if you are listening...
    I've been on Signal for awhile and for the longest time there were only a few contacts from amongst my own Contacts that were also using Signal, then all of a sudden a few weeks ago that number went through the roof in just one week. Now a large number of my contacts are on Signal.

Anyone else notice this huge uptake of the service too recently? Definitely good news for those of us using the service, the more on it, the more valuable it is as an everyday tool.
    Well, no, not until I read your message. 

Then I went and checked and about thirty people have shown up, so thanks for reminding me. 

Signal works on my iPad and my Apple Watch. As Perseverance said last week, I’m all in. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    longpath said:

Jobs
    Gates
    Bezos
    Page

How about Musk?

Good point -- but typically he's not considered one of the originals from the 80's & 90's -- possibly it wasn't created till the late 90's and didn't take off until a few years later.   (There's no P, T or S in "FAANG").  But with his work on PayPal a case could definitely be made for him being an original.   But today, there is no question that he's one of the greats.  Hopefully we get a few more just like him!
    williamlondonmuthuk_vanalingam