New Apple Watch Series 6 ads highlight Apple's Health features

Posted:
in General Discussion
Two new ads uploaded to Apple's YouTube channel show how the Apple Watch Series 6 can track your sleep and workouts.

The first ad depicts a woman using the Apple Watch to improve her sleep quality and utilizes surreal melting effects to drive home the point.

"The Sleep app helps me establish a bedtime routine," she says. "By silencing my phone and setting the mood."

The ad also highlights features such as heart rate tracking and the Apple Watch Series 6's blood oxygen sensors, which can be used to track the length and quality of a wearer's sleep.

The second ad depicts a woman using the Apple Watch Series 6 to track her workouts while underwater.

"The Workout app tracks all my workouts and knows how many laps I've done, how many calories I've burned, and knows how far I've gone," she says. "Even in open water."

Apple has also uploaded a previously spotted ad covering the Apple Watch ECG feature to their YouTube channel.

The Apple Watch Series 6 was announced at Apple's "Time Flies" event in September 2020. The device features an improved always-on display, new colors, an always-on altimeter, and a new blood oxygen sensor.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I don't like wearing my Apple Watch when I am in bed. It's on its stand, charging.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I don't like wearing my Apple Watch when I am in bed. It's on its stand, charging.
    Which Series do you have?
    That was my preference, until I got the Series 6.
    edited February 2021 winstoner71watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 9
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member

I felt the same way till I wore it bed a few nights -- now I don't even notice it.  
    But, I also loosen the strap a notch.  That helps but doesn't seem to hurt its tracking at all.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Yes to both sleep and exercise tracking!
    I wear mine 23 hours a day -- it charges for about an hour when I get up in the morning.

In addition to tracking my sleep it also tracks all of my work outs (I shoot for 4 each day:  flexibility, core, strength and aerobic).

But, recently I added Apple Fitness+ to the mix.   I still do the same 4 workouts but the trainers on Fitness+ add variety to my own standard workout which should help long term.

My Apple Watch has become the most valuable & helpful pieces of tech I own.
    ... Oh yeh, I also use it as a timer when I cook -- so I don't burn the house down!
    winstoner71watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    These ads are a little creepy in my opinion. Love my watch though and it’s health tracking is a huge reason why. 
    winstoner71watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 9
    pfarfour said:
    These ads are a little creepy in my opinion. Love my watch though and it’s health tracking is a huge reason why. 
    Yeah the talking underwater gave me anxiety. “Don’t try this at home!” Haha. But jokes aside, agreed on the watch. So glad I decided to get the Series 6 for the sleep tracking alone. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I felt the same way till I wore it bed a few nights -- now I don't even notice it.  
    But, I also loosen the strap a notch.  That helps but doesn't seem to hurt its tracking at all.
    FYI this may throw off the oxygen sensor, which notes in the support article should remain snug.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211027

As for comfort I've been wearing my S4 & S5 for sleep tracking. Did not wear a watch before since high school. Got used to it pretty quick.
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    FYI this may throw off the oxygen sensor, which notes in the support article should remain snug.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211027

As for comfort I've been wearing my S4 & S5 for sleep tracking. Did not wear a watch before since high school. Got used to it pretty quick.
    Thanks...  Mine's a series 4, so no O2 sensor for me.   Gotta wait till September....

watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Apple watch swimming work out apps is always not recording correctly.... laps counter always under count by as much as 70%, wander what is the problem.... iwatch 5 & 6 is getting worse....