reduces the size of the film so that he fits on a normal 4GB DVD,

similarly Pinnacles InstantCopy.

You find information there: http://www.dvd2one.com/

You find a Thread, which is occupied with the Mac OS X version,

there: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....threadid=65737

Comments

• Reply 1 of 89
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    This is good for one reason. It does the same thing as Forty-Two but oh say 23 and half hours faster! I mean this thing is 23 and a half hours faster than Forty Two in VirtualPC!! Imagine how fast it will be in OS X natively.
  • Reply 2 of 89
    fat freddyfat freddy Posts: 150member
  • Reply 3 of 89
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Nice!

Can't wait to see a Mac OS X version if this program.

Kudos to the developers.

Only one thing, i believe this software can only prepare and burn the DVD but you still need a seperate piece of software for ripping a copy protected DVD before hand.

Any recommendations for a fast, quality ripping app. that should work seamlessly with dvd2oneX?
  • Reply 4 of 89
    toadietoadie Posts: 78member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

This is good for one reason. It does the same thing as Forty-Two but oh say 23 and half hours faster! I mean this thing is 23 and a half hours faster than Forty Two in VirtualPC!! Imagine how fast it will be in OS X natively.

I was just looking into this last night, as a matter of fact... Have you tried the OSX native Forty-Two? I'll do some comparisons for times this evening.
  • Reply 5 of 89
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Toadie

I was just looking into this last night, as a matter of fact... Have you tried the OSX native Forty-Two? I'll do some comparisons for times this evening.

Tried and deleted it. It seems a good easy to use program for divx, vcd, and svcd but for dvd->dvdr it is too slow and only retains the movie and not the rest of the disks contents. This is on a FW800 Dual 1.25 too... took 22 hrs for a film which didn't turn out at maximum size/quality. DVD Backup 1.3 is a good program for removing CSS and Macrovision and then run it through DVD2One. Takes 2 hrs start to finish... the whole process!

A@ron
  • Reply 6 of 89
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by A@ron

Tried and deleted it. It seems a good easy to use program for divx, vcd, and svcd but for dvd->dvdr it is too slow and only retains the movie and not the rest of the disks contents. This is on a FW800 Dual 1.25 too... took 22 hrs for a film which didn't turn out at maximum size/quality. DVD Backup 1.3 is a good program for removing CSS and Macrovision and then run it through DVD2One. Takes 2 hrs start to finish... the whole process!

A@ron

yes but it wasn't dual layered...which is the REAL problem
  • Reply 7 of 89
    actually another problem is the quality...how well does it do on PC?
  • Reply 8 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

actually another problem is the quality...how well does it do on PC?

The DVDs I have backed up are both DVD5 and DVD9 (dual layered). For instance, I tried it on the longest running movie I could think of (The Lord of the Rings) and I noticed no quality loss when watching it on my normal (cathode ray) 32" tv. But hey Im not one of those who has the best equipment or a "quality nazi".

A@ron
  • Reply 9 of 89
    Quote:

The DVDs I have backed up are both DVD5 and DVD9 (dual layered). For instance, I tried it on the longest running movie I could think of (The Lord of the Rings) and I noticed no quality loss when watching it on my normal (cathode ray) 32" tv. But hey Im not one of those who has the best equipment or a "quality nazi".

A@ron

well then awesome...my question is what is how much is it...where do i buy it...and u say its like 2hrs in virtual PC?
  • Reply 10 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

well then awesome...my question is what is how much is it...where do i buy it...and u say its like 2hrs in virtual PC?

That becomes part of the problem; the version you can buy will not run in VPC under ANY OS. You need a special VPC "enabeled" version in order to run it in VPC (PM me if you want more info). It can be found at www.dvd2one.com but the mac version is well under way, at least as it looks from the screen shot.

A@ron
  • Reply 11 of 89
    thanks...you got a message from me : )
  • Reply 12 of 89
    You've got one back,

A@ron
  • Reply 13 of 89
    Quote:

You've got one back,

A@ron

thanks man
  • Reply 14 of 89
    Forty-Two is a joke, DVD2one finishes even dual layered movies in 90 minutes and this is in slowass VPC! I'm soiling myself waiting for DVD2One on MacOS X. This program is high quality. A nice feature for it however!!!!! Let us preview the chapters/audio tracks in it that we pick before we re-encode it! I wasn't able to register right for some reason at their forums, it said I was logged in but couldn't post. Someone please recommend that feature to them. This prog is perfect in conjunction with DVDBackup.
  • Reply 15 of 89
    in VPC when i installed it, i can't share folders cuz it says not installed...how do i install this, i didnt' see any options when i did the installation

anyone know why or have the extra stuff to send to me?
  • Reply 16 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

Any recommendations for a fast, quality ripping app. that should work seamlessly with dvd2oneX?

I've used OSEx to rip from DVDs. You can get it at

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9830

Then to compress and fit them on 4.7 GB discs I've used Minx Transcoder. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10626

Minx Transcoder makes an image that you can burn with the Finder.

The audio and video aren't very well in sync, but it's better than nothing.
  • Reply 17 of 89
    If the audio isn't in sync they must suck at programming because DVD2One can handle it in VirtualPC. That means like a 400 mhz PC for me.
  • Reply 18 of 89
    Yeah, that's kinda bad. At least it's donateware!
  • Reply 19 of 89
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Wow as soon as this is available I am going to join Blockbusters.
  • Reply 20 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

Wow as soon as this is available I am going to join Blockbusters.

I've been thinking about getting a job there for the 5 free movie rentals a week and being able to rent things while they are in the back room and not on the shelf for general public

A@ron