Apple Card offering 3% Daily Cash for all Apple Pay transactions in March

Posted:
in General Discussion
Some owners of the Apple Card will benefit from higher levels of Daily Cash in March, with Apple raising the percentage to 3% for any Apple Card with Apple Pay transactions.

Apple Card's Daily Cash benefit offers cashback for purchases when using the Apple Card, with the amount varying depending on how it is used. For the first time since the card's release, for some holders, Apple is increasing the amount it pays out on transactions using the Apple Card with Apple Pay.

Usually, customers receive a minimum 1% back for using the card, rising to 2% for Apple Pay transactions, and 3% for Apple Card with Apple Pay purchases through Apple's outlets and select partners. In an email to select Apple Card customers, Apple is changing the Apple Pay Daily Cash reward to 3% for all qualifying transactions, regardless of retailer.

The terms and conditions for the offer advise it is limited only to "select cardholders who received" the email offer. For Apple Card holders who qualify, the offer is valid until March 31.

There is a maximum limit of $10,000 in qualifying spending per eligible account. After the user has performed $10,000 in Apple Card with Apple Pay transactions, further purchases will revert to the usual payout.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    CuJoYYCCuJoYYC Posts: 84member
    Now, if only Apple would bring their card to places not called USA.
    ioniclewatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 15
    TomPMRITomPMRI Posts: 44member
    I do wonder what Apple's criteria are for selecting the "some owners" of the Apple Card.  I'm guessing they are targeting people who "under utilize" their card...

I use mine regularly with Apple Pay, and have not received an email.
    unbeliever2watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 15
    TomPMRI said:
    I do wonder what Apple's criteria are for selecting the "some owners" of the Apple Card.  I'm guessing they are targeting people who "under utilize" their card...

I hardly use mine and didn't get the email. 
  • Reply 4 of 15
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    TomPMRI said:

I hardly use mine and didn't get the email. 

Neither have I. I use mine pretty regularly with and without Apple Pay but pay it off in full each month.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 15
    davendaven Posts: 696member
    Woo hoo!!! Read the article then checked my email and saw an email from Applecard Support... It was a notification that my monthly statement was available. Oh well.
    randominternetpersonmazda 3sstompyDnykjpRfC6fnBswatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 15
    ionicleionicle Posts: 98member
    CuJoYYC said:
    Uk next hopefully
  • Reply 7 of 15
    ionicle said:
    CuJoYYC said:
    Uk next hopefully
    Agreed. How long has it been now? Thought this was a great idea when it launched but seems to be taking them a particularly long time even to roll out to the other territories that usually follow.
    ioniclewatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 15
    ionicleionicle Posts: 98member
    ionicle said:
    CuJoYYC said:
    Uk next hopefully
    Agreed. How long has it been now? Thought this was a great idea when it launched but seems to be taking them a particularly long time even to roll out to the other territories that usually follow.
    Years, the UK and canada along with Auz are usually some of the first to get new products....
    but this seems to be taking a long time
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Did anyone here get the email?  Perhaps the emails are going out slowly, else it’s a really select program. 

Cue the complaints about unfairness and discrimination. 
    DnykjpRfC6fnBswatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 15
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    daven said:
    Woo hoo!!! Read the article then checked my email and saw an email from Applecard Support... It was a notification that my monthly statement was available. Oh well.
    LOL, same! :blush: 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 15
    rivertriprivertrip Posts: 143member
    TomPMRI said:

Or Apple is conduct market research to determine whether increasing the daily cash back will increase card utilization, including people who already use their card frequently.
    edited March 2021 tpurdywatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 15
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    TomPMRI said:

I only use it to charge for Apple purchases and that’s it. Useless beyond that and I haven’t gotten an email. 
  • Reply 13 of 15
    tomowatomowa Posts: 7member
    I contacted them via support iMessage, thinking that since I've had the card and utilized it heavily since the beta rollout, I should be thanked with this promo ;) The Goldman Sachs rep hadn't heard of this promo. So I sent him a link to this article. He said thanks for it. 
    A few min later, he replied he can see that I have selected with my Apple ID, not to receive promotional emails (that is correct). 
    As such, I would not have received the promo notice. 
    True or not, I don't know. Though he never offered me the promo as goodwill. 
    So much for the squeaky wheel :D  
    tpurdymuthuk_vanalingamrandominternetpersonh2pwatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 15
    So was just over at 9to5 Mac and they seem to have a better offer but you have to be a new user. Didn’t see any offer like the one AppleInsider has:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/01/apple-card-6-percent-daily-cash-reward/
  • Reply 15 of 15
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Did anyone here get the email?  Perhaps the emails are going out slowly, else it’s a really select program.
    I can assure you that the e-mails aren't going to deadbeats like me.

The last time I used my Apple Card was September 2019 (a month after the card debuted) and I have not received an e-mail.

My current credit score is 823, the same it has been for the past 18 months.
    edited March 2021 DnykjpRfC6fnBs