Apple TV+ series 'In With The Devil' gains Ray Liotta

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Ray Liotta will make a return to series television in the forthcoming Apple TV+ adaptation of "In With The Devil."

Apple TV+ show 'In With The Devil' Gains Ray Liotta
Apple TV+ show 'In With The Devil' Gains Ray Liotta

"In With The Devil" is a limited six-part series coming to Apple TV+. The series is produced by Apple Studios -- Taron Egerton stars and acts as one of the executive producers.

Deadline reports that Liotta will play the lead character's father, "Big Jim" a former ranking officer in the Kankakee police and fire departments. The lead character James Keene is portrayed by Taron Egerton, and the murderer is portrayed by Paul Walter Hauser.

Ray Liotta will play the main character's father
Ray Liotta will play the main character's father

The series is told through the lens of an intimate relationship between Keene and a serial killer convicted of murder. Keene, convicted of drug-related crimes was offered an early release by the FBI if he could get a serial killer to confess to two murders.

The show is based on a novel by the same name that portrays the real-life story of the author James Keene. Ray Liotta will be joining Taron Egerton and Paul Walter Hauser in his return to series television.

Apple TV+ is a streaming subscription service available for $4.99 per month. The service is also available on every tier of Apple One.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    I just noticed today that Apple's CBS All Access channel has been rebranded Paramount+, but here in Canada I can't see a single new movie or program on it, so I guess we won't get any new programming in Canada, which means I'm likely to cancel Paramount+ before the snow melts.

However I also just noticed a new channel included in Apple TV+ called BBC Select. It has a wide selection, but I'm seeing words indicating a subscription is available. Not sure how that works. Obviously there's a lot to explore today. I wonder why these new options weren't covered on AppleInsider.
    edited March 2021
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I just noticed today that Apple's CBS All Access channel has been rebranded Paramount+, but here in Canada I can't see a single new movie or program on it, so I guess we won't get any new programming in Canada, which means I'm likely to cancel Paramount+ before the snow melts.

However I also just noticed a new channel included in Apple TV+ called BBC Select. It has a wide selection, but I'm seeing words indicating a subscription is available. Not sure how that works. Obviously there's a lot to explore today. I wonder why these new options weren't covered on AppleInsider.
    One thing to do is to install the Paramount+ app separate from the tv channel — you can link the app to your tv Channels subscription and it gives you access to a selection of live broadcasts, more than just the one CBS broadcast available inside the tv channel. I did this in order to watch live Champions League games, which I couldn’t figure out how to do inside the tv channel. I don’t know if that works in Canada, but it’s worth a try.

But yes, in Canada you have to install the Crave app and subscribe to Crave to get the missing content in Paramount+. It is unlikely that Crave will ever be an tv channel — for the same reason there will never be a Prime Video tv channel. I don’t think the terms of the deal with Bell Media for that content are public, so it’s hard to say if it will ever come home to Paramount+ in Canada.

BBC Select launched a few weeks ago, it’s a documentary channel designed to complement BritBox. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the two of them offered as a bundle. 
    edited March 2021