Apple releases iOS 14.4.1, iPadOS 14.4.1, watchOS 7.3.2, macOS 11.2.3 updates

Posted:
in iOS edited March 2021
Apple has released a slew of minor updates to its operating systems, bringing bug fixes and performance improvements to iOS 14.4.1, iPadOS 14.4.1, watchOS 7.3.2, and macOS 11.2.3.

The over-the-air updates are available to download directly to devices. On iOS and iPadOS, this involves opening the Settings app then selecting General, then Software Update, or to wait for the update to install automatically if that setting is enabled.

On watchOS, the update can be installed via the Watch app. While it can be done automatically, a manual check can be performed by selecting My Watch then General, then Software Update.

On macOS, the update is installable by opening System Preferences then selecting Software Update.

The updates are minor in nature, as indicated by the version numbers, and do not provide any alterations to functionality. Instead, each offers "important security updates" that is recommended by Apple to be installed by all users.

Apple will provide details of each update's security contents via its dedicated Apple security updates page, due to be updated later on Monday.

Apple last updated iOS and iPadOS to version 14.4 on January 26, adding features including "Find My Items" and an improved HomePod mini Handoff.

The macOS 11.2.2 update on February 25 included a fix to prevent certain non-compliant USB-C hubs and docks from damaging select MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models. The watchOS 7.3.1 release on February 15 fixed charging issues in the Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch SE.

Apple is also currently running betas of iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, tvOS 14.5, watchOS 7.4, and macOS Big Sur 11.3.

Update: Today's update patches a WebKit flaw that could have allowed hackers to execute code on a host device using "maliciously crafted" content.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Dang it.  I was hoping this would have the upgraded Face ID “face mask + Apple Watch” unlock feature. 

• Reply 2 of 7
    ITGUYINSDITGUYINSD Posts: 510member
    Dang it.  I was hoping this would have the upgraded Face ID “face mask + Apple Watch” unlock feature. 

Right?  Now how long do we wait for 14.5?  
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    There’s a Safari security update out too for Catalina and others.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,753member
    ITGUYINSD said:

By the time 14.5 is out many places won't be requiring masks anymore anyway...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,034member
    elijahg said:
    ITGUYINSD said:

Just because masks aren’t required doesn’t me we won’t continue to wear them. 
    fastasleepbaconstang
  • Reply 6 of 7
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    elijahg said:
    ITGUYINSD said:

You will be wearing a mask well into iOS 15.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    The update didn't fix the widespread Thunderbolt/USB speed issues that people are having when either attaching SSD's directly to an M1 Mac or through a Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 dock. What a mess. My OWC TB4 dock get 150 MB/s vs my TB3 dock which get 600 MB/s with SansDisk SSDs that get 900 MB/s when attached directly to the M1. I've read some people with Samsung SSD's have the opposite problem and experience degraded speed when attached directly to the M1.

USB-C -Gate
    edited March 2021