Apple shares rebound, company regains $2T market capitalization

Posted:
in AAPL Investors
As part of a wider tech gain, Apple has again crossed the $2 trillion market capitalization threshold, rebounding just one day after it dipped below that mark for the first time in 2021.

Credit: AppleInsider
Credit: AppleInsider

Apple's share price climbed more than 4% after hitting a low of $116.36 on Monday. Apple shares closed at a price of $121.08 on Tuesday, March 9. Multiplying that number by the number of outstanding shares results in a market valuation of $2.03 trillion.

Apple largely recovered from the one-day loss on March 8, and other tech stocks appear to be performing similarly. The tech-heavy NASDAQ was up 4% in intraday trading on Tuesday, on track to record its best day since November, CNN reports.

That comes after a broader tech industry sell-off that sunk the NASDAQ into correction territory. Wall Street watchers attributed that to investors cycling out of tech stocks as vaccines continue to roll out and pandemic restrictions are lifted.

Apple also plunged below the $2 trillion line in September 2020. In one day, the company bled nearly $180 billion in market value -- the worst one-day drop for any company. Since that plunge, Apple's share price has climbed 3.14%.

Back in August 2020, Apple became the first publicly traded U.S. company to cross the $2 trillion threshold.

In the first quarter of 2021, which corresponds to the fourth quarter of 2020, Apple reported revenue of 111.4 billion. That represented a 21% year-over-year increase and also marked the first time that the company reported earnings above $100 billion. for the first time.
steve_jobs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    XedXed Posts: 2,546member
    AAPL wasn't where I spread my 'play money' this round, but I had been holding out for a major drop like we tarted to experience a couple weeks ago. I only wish I better predicted where the bottom would be.

I'm still a bit underwater on these new investments, but I have no doubt they'll be moving right up as the stimulus package goes not effect, more-and-more people get vaccinated now that there's an actual plan in place, and our economy and life-as-we-know-it finally starts to get back to normal.
    watto_cobra