Win the Apple Watch International Women's Day challenge with a quick workout

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited April 23
Apple Watch owners can secure the International Women's Day challenge badge for 2021 by undertaking a 20-minute workout while wearing their wearable devices.

Originally announced as part of Apple's overall
Women's History Month and International Women's Day celebration, Apple Watch owners started to receive notifications on their devices that this year's challenge is happening on Monday. For March 8, participants can secure the badge by undertaking Apple's simple challenge.

According to the notification, the limited-edition award can be earned by working out for 20 minutes or more. The workout has to either be recorded in the Workout app, or in any app that adds workouts to the Health app.

The award is a circular two-tone badge, with a purple outer ring surrounding an inner pink circle. The numbers "2021" marking the year are also visible, with the zero forming the edge of the inner circle.

Special stickers for use in Messages are also unlocked by completing the challenge.

As part of other celebrations marking Women's History Month and International Women's Day, Apple's other services are offering a variety of content to consume. This ranges from inspirational Apple Fitness+ workouts to App Store stories highlighting women creating new ways to work and the "Apps Made by Women" collection.

Apple Music will showcase female artists, Apple Books will offer curated collections of women-written books in every field, and Apple News will showcase inspiring female figures and lesser-known stories about women's history.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Seemingly insignificant thing, but I appreciate the description of the badge. While VoiceOver tells you which awards you've earned and what you have to do when one is available to work toward, it doesn't provide any descriptions of the badges. The activity stickers for iMessageare also not read by VoiceOver, yet the stickers are read fine in other Apple developed apps, like GarageBand and the developer app. 

Part of why I got my AW 5 was because I thought the gamification of working out would be cool and it would give me some much needed distraction during the pandemic.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    The collection of these various Workout awards can be addictive. I wish Apple would commission  3-5" versions mimicking stained glass. Some of these are really striking.

I'm wondering how designed this Woman's Day award. I'm never really aware of most of these until they're mentioned here or I see the notification on the Watch. On seeing this one, I new immediately it was for Woman's Day. Nicely done, whomever.
    kurai_kage
  • Reply 3 of 9
    kurai_kagekurai_kage Posts: 105member
    macgui said:
    The collection of these various Workout awards can be addictive. I wish Apple would commission  3-5" versions mimicking stained glass. Some of these are really striking.
    Amazing idea.  I'd love to have a few of these decorating windows.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Imagine if they had an International Men’s Day challenge. All the people screaming “sexism!!!”
  • Reply 5 of 9
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    When is the international MEN’S. day? 

• Reply 6 of 9
    rashmirashmi Posts: 1member
    Completed the workout already but award hasn’t been activated yet, should I be doing something specific?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I completed the workout (it was beyond 20 minutes), but no badge???? 
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I have stopped getting any special edition badges...where can I complain to get this fixed.

thanks 
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Completed over 30min workout for this challenge but no IWD badge??? Hoping issue gets fixed soon so we get the badge.