This cell phone looks amazing

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I love my iPod, but I hate carrying it, a cell phone and my Palm.

This Kyocera 7135 makes a separate PDA, and dare I say it, an iPod somewhat obselete.

Well okay, you can't carry a 1000 songs but it'll work in a pinch when you only need to hear a few songs (not sure how many songs can be saved to a SD card).

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7100...ifications.htm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Moving to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    THAT'S the kind of PDA phone that I've been looking for. The Handspring Treo is just to big and "fat" to me, and most others just seem to be a speaker and microphone added onto a PDA.

This looks like a much more reasonable size, layout, and feature set. Damn thing's not T-Mobile compatible, though.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    IT WORKS WITH VERIZON!!!!

hmmmm not to find $600... \

too bad it doesn't use iSync... or can it?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Works with iSync, even comes with Palm Desktop for Mac on the CD, so you know they are committed.

It's a great phone, and I'm getting one tomorrow. See my other post for a review if you're interested, thread 'Kyocera 7135'.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I should also note that I'll be using it with U.S. Cellular..
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    how does this compare to the p800
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Well, generally, it's a phone first, then a PDA, but there are few sacrifices because of that. The P800 is a PDA with phone functions, I'd say.

The biggest and most obvious difference is the form factor.. the 7135 is a folding active flip style, whereas the P800 is a big (well, relatively) PDA with a plastic keypad flippy doodad. P800 is small for a PDA, 7135 is as well, but largeish for a phone. Not quite as bad as the P800, due to the flip, which is nice. Styling, well, the P800 does look pretty cool, but the 7135 isn't too bad.. has a little chrome, some brushed steel on the front.. It feels really good on the face, too.

Software-wise, well, the 7135 wins hands-down. Syncs with Palm software, is upgradable so easily, run tens of thousands of Palm apps, it's easily hackable, been around a while, fairly well-evolved, most people are already familiar with a Palm. P800, well..

7135 is triband CDMA 1xRTT (3G) networks, whereas the P800 is just GSM/GPRS (2.5G, if even). So, different technologies, different carriers. 7135 expands via SD/MMC.. P800 MS (pricy). P800 does have Bluetooth, but 7135 doesn't yet, though it has a nice cradle it comes with, carges and syncs, space for an extra battery in it too. (Plus, SDI/O makes way for both Bluetooth and WiFi expansion later on.) 7135 has speakerphone.

Both have a few little issues, just depends. P800 has lots of Bluetooth problems I've heard/read, Memory Stick bugs, among other things, but the 7135 has a couple of nitpicks, like responsivenes in phone mode to keypresses shown onscreen, and sometimes the 33MHz Dragonball shows with the fancier Palm apps out there.

So, it's tough to say. I'd say use them both and see which one you fancy. Me, I enjoy the 7135 quite a bit. And it helps that I get it at a discount.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    so basically...u want a gadget get the p800, u want an enabled phone get a 7xxxx
  • Reply 9 of 9
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    looks chubby.