• Reply 21 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    nicholfd said:

danvm said:
    I doubt this will change anything. So many organisations have bought fully into the MS dream world and they are not going to admit any mistake. Everyone will be very busy putting out this umpteenth fire, but after that it will be business as usual. 

The saying used to be: "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM", and the same goes for Microsoft too. It's the perfect lock-in. And MS IT-departments want to be locked in in order to show the need for their size and budgets. Managements love it because it makes them seem more important. 

So I think same old will remain same old.

I wish Apple had continued building their own back end infrastructure, but they left it to MS. Not good for Apple.
    Most business / enterprises are fully into MS because they offer the best enterprise / business ecosystem in the market.  The same benefits you see with Apple ecosystem with consumers, is with MS with their business / enterprise software.  Even though they are not perfect, as the security issue with Exchange show, most of the time they have been proved very secure, specially with their server / business software.  
    And again, you would be wrong.  Most businesses and enterprises are in to MS because it's what they know, and it's the "easy" path.  Microsoft has NEVER proven they are "very secure", especially with there server/business software.
    Maybe is the easy path because MS has the best business / enterprise ecosystem.  And their integration of on-premise with Azure is excellent.  As today, no one is close to them.  And their server / cloud applications and services have been prove very secure.  Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't find other major issues as the one with Exchange for their enterprise / business software and services in past years.  You could post some links clarifying that.  

Wrong
    Like I said, I haven't found article or cases where MS business / enterprise software and services have been compromised in recent years as the case with have with Exchange.  But since you say that I'm wrong, maybe you could post articles about this.
    Are you done holding your breath? I don't recall him EVER posting a link for any questionable claims he makes.

LOL...   That Microsoft creates private and secure systems?
    If you believe that you need go find a bridge to buy.

Oh wait!  You're the one who claims Google never collected anyone's data.  Never mind.
    See? No links. ;)

None are needed for intelligent people.   For the rest, they wouldn't understand anyway because they are arguing from a preconceived notion and simply use "links" to confirm what they decided to believe.  

Gaby
  • Reply 22 of 25
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    nicholfd said:

danvm said:
    I doubt this will change anything. So many organisations have bought fully into the MS dream world and they are not going to admit any mistake. Everyone will be very busy putting out this umpteenth fire, but after that it will be business as usual. 

The saying used to be: "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM", and the same goes for Microsoft too. It's the perfect lock-in. And MS IT-departments want to be locked in in order to show the need for their size and budgets. Managements love it because it makes them seem more important. 

I wish Apple had continued building their own back end infrastructure, but they left it to MS. Not good for Apple.
    Most business / enterprises are fully into MS because they offer the best enterprise / business ecosystem in the market.  The same benefits you see with Apple ecosystem with consumers, is with MS with their business / enterprise software.  Even though they are not perfect, as the security issue with Exchange show, most of the time they have been proved very secure, specially with their server / business software.  
    And again, you would be wrong.  Most businesses and enterprises are in to MS because it's what they know, and it's the "easy" path.  Microsoft has NEVER proven they are "very secure", especially with there server/business software.
    Maybe is the easy path because MS has the best business / enterprise ecosystem.  And their integration of on-premise with Azure is excellent.  As today, no one is close to them.  And their server / cloud applications and services have been prove very secure.  Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't find other major issues as the one with Exchange for their enterprise / business software and services in past years.  You could post some links clarifying that.  

Wrong
    Like I said, I haven't found article or cases where MS business / enterprise software and services have been compromised in recent years as the case with have with Exchange.  But since you say that I'm wrong, maybe you could post articles about this.
    Are you done holding your breath? I don't recall him EVER posting a link for any questionable claims he makes.

Oh wait!  You're the one who claims Google never collected anyone's data.  Never mind.
    See? No links. ;)

None are needed for intelligent people.   For the rest, they wouldn't understand anyway because they are arguing from a preconceived notion and simply use "links" to confirm what they decided to believe.  

Your first sentence is patently false. You must get your own news from someplace so obviously even a smart guy like you needs sources. Why would you not be willing to share any of them, especially since they surely don't just serve to buttress your preconceived notions, your existing beliefs.

You've often said that pretty much anyone disagreeing with you is looking at biased sources, inaccurate reporting and fake stories. A smart person would want us to stop doing that, right? So point us to the good and reliable ones, or at least those you trust for honesty and accuracy. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 23 of 25
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    nicholfd said:

danvm said:

Wrong

See? No links. ;)

Your first sentence is patently false. You must get your own news from someplace so obviously even a smart guy like you needs sources. Why would you not be willing to share any of them, especially since they surely don't just serve to buttress your preconceived notions, your existing beliefs.

You've often said that pretty much anyone disagreeing with you is looking at biased sources, inaccurate reporting and fake stories. A smart person would want us to stop doing that, right? So point us to the good and reliable ones, or at least those you trust for honesty and accuracy. 
    He does not have to provide any links. There are so many. It is widely known Windows OS is not secure. Otherwise the two anti-virus companies won't become so profitable. 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 24 of 25
    danvmdanvm Posts: 1,409member
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    nicholfd said:

danvm said:

Wrong

See? No links. ;)

He does not have to provide any links. There are so many. It is widely known Windows OS is not secure. Otherwise the two anti-virus companies won't become so profitable. 
    There are antivirus for macOS and iOS, so that means that they aren't secure, right?  BTW, you know that macOS includes an AV, xProtect?  Again, does it means macOS is not secure?

Protecting against malware in macOS - Apple Support

Also, we are talking about MS business / enterprise software, since the article was about a security issue with Exchange.  Have you seen many cases with security issues as this one with Exchange with other MS business / enterprise software and services?  I haven't, but maybe I'm wrong.  That's the reason I asked for links.  That could not be hard to find, considering Microsoft is so bad in security.  Or maybe they aren't as bad as you think.  
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 25 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    danvm said:
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    danvm said:
    danvm said:
    nicholfd said:

danvm said:

Wrong

See? No links. ;)

There are antivirus for macOS and iOS, so that means that they aren't secure, right?  BTW, you know that macOS includes an AV, xProtect?  Again, does it means macOS is not secure?

Protecting against malware in macOS - Apple Support

Also, we are talking about MS business / enterprise software, since the article was about a security issue with Exchange.  Have you seen many cases with security issues as this one with Exchange with other MS business / enterprise software and services?  I haven't, but maybe I'm wrong.  That's the reason I asked for links.  That could not be hard to find, considering Microsoft is so bad in security.  Or maybe they aren't as bad as you think.  

Microsoft created the whole anti-virus / firewall industry with their porous privacy and security products.