Apple event predicted for April, not March 23

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2022
After crossing the expected invitation window, Jon Prosser has announced that the Apple event will be in April, not March.

Apple is set to update the iPad Pro
Apple is set to update the iPad Pro

Multiple accurate sources have claimed that there will be an event or announcement on March 23. As we drew closer to the supposed date it seemed clear that Apple was set to announce "AirPods 3" and "AirTags," until it wasn't.

On Wednesday, Jon Prosser said that the event would be in April with no further explanation. He is the first to announce a different date.

The event is in April.

I'll explain on FPT.

RIP my eyebrows.

-- Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser)

His certainty of a March 23 date previously led him to promise his usual -- to shave his eyebrows if he were wrong. With less than six days to the supposed event, he is presenting a different event window.

Apple could have delayed the event, or the event was never going to take place. Some speculation still says there will be product announcements through a battery of press releases.

The company previously announced several products, including an updated 10.2-inch iPad, via a week of press releases. Apple could do the same here and avoid an event altogether.

There is seemingly little reason to delay a pre-recorded virtual event -- once the event is recorded all Apple has to do is release the video. It would be highly unusual for Apple to change release windows of a product so soon to an announcement.

Reports of "AirPods 3" not coming until the fall started rolling in on Monday. Apple could still announce the long-awaited "AirTags" or the next iPad Pro, however.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    And they will keep "predicting" dates until one of them is right.
    cbazzd_2jdb8167lkruppmelgrossramanpfaffMplsPwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 15
    dk49dk49 Posts: 267member
    Well it's actually in May now. Oh no it's in June. Ok it's in July. Apple has finally revealed that Airtags will be unveiled in 2050. 
    edited March 2021 cbazzd_2lkruppJapheywatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 15
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Come on Apple, just refresh the damn Apple TV already!
    aderutterlkruppforegoneconclusionJapheywatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 15
    ionicleionicle Posts: 98member
    Homepod 2 🤞
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 15
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    “Fool me once, shame on me, . . .”

Here’s my prediction, from reliable sources. No, really, and I expect full credit when it comes true. Ready?
    Apple is going to have an event, where they will reveal stuff.

lkruppwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 15
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Time tested meme, “Even a broken clock is right twice a day.”

But let’s face it, if there were no rumors, no clickbait headlines, no fanboy/hater fights, no pontificating faux expert wannabes, blogs like AI couldn’t exist.
    edited March 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 15
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,065member
    fred1 said:
    “Fool me once, shame on me, . . .”

Here’s my prediction, from reliable sources. No, really, and I expect full credit when it comes true. Ready?
    Apple is going to have an event, where they will reveal stuff.

You missed the really juicy part: "they will then proceed to make a metric fucktonne of money off all of it."
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Does he still have eyebrows???
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 15
    MisterKitMisterKit Posts: 495member
    Keep in mind that we are just following the rumor mill. Some people may be better connected but any of us can make a guess.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 15
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    lkrupp said:
    Time tested meme, “Even a broken clock is right twice a day.”

But let’s face it, if there were no rumors, no clickbait headlines, no fanboy/hater fights, no pontificating faux expert wannabes, blogs like AI couldn’t exist.
    Oh come on! We argue about actual facts as well.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 15
    AirTags. 2024 is my guess.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Sounds to me like some false information has deliberately released by Apple to selected individuals internally. One this is leaked, it might be easier to find out who’s leaking.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 15
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    March 23rd was a stupid prediction for an event date anyhow. That's four days before the end of Apple's Q2FY2021.

There was zero logic behind that proposed date.
    edited March 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I'm sure Tim Cook personally pushed the date to April to see what Prosser looked like without his eyebrows!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 15
    123Go123Go Posts: 19member
    I wonder if this is related to the supply issues of computer chips which people are now calling “chipageddon”.