Zuckerberg changes tune, says Apple's iOS 14 privacy feature might benefit Facebook

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    viclauyyc said:
    Let’s hope Mark didn’t find any loopholes in the new system. You know how sneaky he is.
    There were some reports that some Chinese companies had found a way (or were working to find a way) round the latest restrictions in IOS. Perhaps [he who shall not be named] has done a deal with them and that's the reason for the sudden change in position.

F***B*** can go to hell because it will be a dark day in hades when I even allow their site through my firewall.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 34
    A brave face isn’t going to help that much. FB need to rethink their strategy to avoid a big hit. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 34
    I think phuckerberg is working his way through the seven stages of grief! 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 34
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    qwerty52 said:
    Who is going to believe this guy, next time he says something again?
    He can always get into politics. It seems to be a requirement to fabricate and lie about things and it all goes away with a simple apology. 

You can’t have a democracy without accountability. 
    qwerty52anantksundaramwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 34
    He's slowly losing it. 

Perhaps time he took a break. (Same for Dorsey as well). 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 34
    rcfarcfa Posts: 1,124member
    Which is just another reason why Facebook needs to be hit with an anti-trust lawsuit: now he’s actually publicly musing about leveraging dominance in one market (social media) into an unfair advantage in other markets, like online markets.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 34
    So Zuck wants to make Facebook a walled city for the little businesses to reside in and he will be there king and share his advertising information - way too scary. No thanks and I will never shop at this Facebook empire, not that I ever used the service much.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 34
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    I hate to say it but he may not be wrong -- I've always said their protestations about this is an overreaction, it's not like FB doesn't have a bunch of other signals and data points to sell user bases to advertisers within FB. They don't *need* to track you across other apps & sites, they just wanted to. They'll keep selling all those ads on FB based on your likes, clicks, articles read within FB, etc etc... 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 34
    omasouomasou Posts: 572member
    He's help to educated more people about a feature that they now probably will leave defaulted to NO, that they otherwise would have click YES to thinking... "sure why not"
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 34
    He must have found another way to skirt the rules and sell out his entire user base.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 34
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    That dude looks like an alien. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 34
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    longfang said:
    He looks like he’s been getting orange tans.
    Gearing up to run for president in 2036.
    FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    omasou said:
    He's help to educated more people about a feature that they now probably will leave defaulted to NO, that they otherwise would have click YES to thinking... "sure why not"
    You’re absolutely right about that. 

I’ve had folk ask me what Facebook’s problem is. I have to explain Apple’s privacy stance, then go back and explain why it’s a problem for Facebook. 

Unsurprisingly, I haven’t come across anyone siding with FB. 
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 34
    Strong buy on FB