Kuo: Mini LED iPad Pro enters production in April, OLED iPad Air in 2022

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Nope!  The "Swiss Army knife analogy only works for Apple Fan Boys -- because you can't miniaturize something then compare its functionality to a full size version.   A miniature screw driver simply doesn't work like a full size screw driver.  Neither can an Apple Watch do what an iPhone does.   That's not to say either is bad -- they are shrunken down for a reason to serve their own purpose.

For the rest ...  You're arguing details and trivia.  For example, because Microsoft's pencil doesn't work as well as Apple's does not mean that Apple's would start working like Microsoft's.   That's just a false argument.

At some point Apple needs to start catching up to the industry.  They've been making good progress here (Adding a rudimentary file system, cursor control, etc.) but they aren't there yet.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,700member
    That's nice.
    I wonder if it'll be able to compete against the Surface Pro?

It's great that artists can use an iPad to produce some incredible pictures.  But that's not what most people use them for.   More commonly it is for things like marking up a PowerPoint presentation, doing some math, signing a document, reading a newspaper, watching a video, social media, etc...  Those are all things you can do well on either an iPad or a Surface Pro.   But, while it is true that the iPad is better at all of those things, the Surface Pro can also do everything that a MacBook does.   Apple has no single product that can do what the Surface Pro does.   They could.  But, so far, they haven't.

Couldn't agree more.  Imagine of the iPad Pro was running macOS.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,007member
    Nope!  The "Swiss Army knife analogy only works for Apple Fan Boys -- because you can't miniaturize something then compare its functionality to a full size version.   A miniature screw driver simply doesn't work like a full size screw driver.  Neither can an Apple Watch do what an iPhone does.   That's not to say either is bad -- they are shrunken down for a reason to serve their own purpose.

For the rest ...  You're arguing details and trivia.  For example, because Microsoft's pencil doesn't work as well as Apple's does not mean that Apple's would start working like Microsoft's.   That's just a false argument.

At some point Apple needs to start catching up to the industry.  They've been making good progress here (Adding a rudimentary file system, cursor control, etc.) but they aren't there yet.
    I’ll go again. The “industry” standard you’re championing has less demand than either of the things that you think Apple should jam together to somehow “catch up.” Why in blazes would they want to do that? The iPad isn’t a miniature MacBook. It’s never intended to be that. That’s the whole point. It’s an iPad and does what an iPad does very well. If you want a MacBook, buy a MacBook.

If you want a Surface Pro, buy one.
    watto_cobraqwerty52
  • Reply 24 of 32
    AppleZulu said:

I’ll go again. The “industry” standard you’re championing has less demand than either of the things that you think Apple should jam together to somehow “catch up.” Why in blazes would they want to do that? The iPad isn’t a miniature MacBook. It’s never intended to be that. That’s the whole point. It’s an iPad and does what an iPad does very well. If you want a MacBook, buy a MacBook.

No, I want Apple to catch up instead of maintaining some imaginary standard of purity.
    Adding the ability to fully function in laptop mode to the iPad does not make it less of an iPad.
    Likewise, adding (at least) a touch screen to the MacBook doesn't make it less of a laptop.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 25 of 32
    AppleZulu said:

No, I want Apple to catch up instead of maintaining some imaginary standard of purity.
    Adding the ability to fully function in laptop mode to the iPad does not make it less of an iPad.
    Likewise, adding (at least) a touch screen to the MacBook doesn't make it less of a laptop.
    Well, I’m sure Apple will give peanut gallery demands due attention over actual sales and satisfaction feedback stats as they figure out how to “catch up” with the Surface Pro.
    watto_cobraqwerty52
  • Reply 26 of 32
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:

Well, I’m sure Apple will give peanut gallery demands due attention over actual sales and satisfaction feedback stats as they figure out how to “catch up” with the Surface Pro.

You never did have logical argument did you?
  • Reply 27 of 32
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:

I could ask you the same question. 
    watto_cobraqwerty52
  • Reply 28 of 32
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:

Because you aren't able to understand something doesn't make it wrong.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:

Because you have nothing left but ad hominem doesn’t make you right. 
    watto_cobraqwerty52
  • Reply 30 of 32
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:
    AppleZulu said:

Because you have nothing left but ad hominem doesn’t make you right. 

LOL... Is that why you started with the ad hominem's?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    techconctechconc Posts: 275member
    At some point Apple needs to start catching up to the industry.

LOL... Yeah, apparently someone needs a reality check.  As iPads and MacBooks are praised in reviews and have sold extraordinary well in 2020 during COVID lockdown, what do we see from Microsoft?

http://https//www.inputmag.com/reviews/microsoft-surface-go-2-is-a-terrible-ipad-and-a-bad-laptop

"Microsoft's Surface Go 2 is a terrible iPad and a bad laptop"

http://https//www.windowscentral.com/surface-revenue-2020-not-disappointing

"
    Was Microsoft's Surface revenue disappointing during the 2020 pandemic? Don't overthink it."

etc, etc.  
    qwerty52
  • Reply 32 of 32
    That's nice.
    I wonder if it'll be able to compete against the Surface Pro?

It's great that artists can use an iPad to produce some incredible pictures.  But that's not what most people use them for.   More commonly it is for things like marking up a PowerPoint presentation, doing some math, signing a document, reading a newspaper, watching a video, social media, etc...  Those are all things you can do well on either an iPad or a Surface Pro.   But, while it is true that the iPad is better at all of those things, the Surface Pro can also do everything that a MacBook does.   Apple has no single product that can do what the Surface Pro does.   They could.  But, so far, they haven't.

Really! 
    Is this Microsoft add your source of inspiration?