BBC hit 'Trying' returns to Apple TV+ for second and third season

Posted:
in General Discussion
A second season of BBC Studios comedy "Trying" will debut on Apple TV+ in May, and the series has already been renewed for a third season.

Esther Smith and Rafe Spall in
Esther Smith and Rafe Spall in "Trying" on Apple TV+

Apple has announced that "Trying," its British comedy about fertility and adoption, is to begin its second season on May 14. Apple TV+ has also commissioned a third run.

Its eight-episode second season will premiere weekly on Fridays, and continues the story of a couple trying for children. In this second run, Nikki (Esther Smith) and Jason (Rafe Spall) are attempting adoption, and finding that being matched with a child is harder than they'd imagined.

"Trying" was the first scripted British comedy on Apple TV+. It comes from writer/creator Andy Wolton, and its producers have previously made shows such as "Derry Girls," "Motherland," and Catastrophe.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I am really pleased - this was probably my favourite Apple TV+ show so far. It started gently and I thought it was in in the same vein as Catastrophe but less successful. I was wrong. It's a very different beast. It is softer than Catastrophe but not worse for it. Really well done and beautifully scripted. Rafe Spall just wonderful it.
    buckalec
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Great News, loved it (but I am English).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Derry Girls is an amazing show. I'm eagerly awaiting a new season!

I tried Trying once, but it somehow didn't grab my attention. I'll give it another go.