'iPhone 13 Pro' has new colors & stainless steel coating, claims leaker

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2021
A new roundup of "iPhone 13" leaks alleges that new colors, a coating that will reduce fingerprint smudges, a redesigned rear-camera, and more will make appearances.

Mockup of
Mockup of "iPhone 13 Pro"

Chiefly substantiating recent claims about the next iPhone, a new report on YouTube channel EverythingApplePro says to expect new colors.

Via leaker Max Weinbach, the headline information is that the "iPhone 13" will have predominantly the same design as the iPhone 12 range. There is claimed to be a new matte black color, plus Apple is said to be trying a bronze option.

The smaller notch is predicted to be across the whole "iPhone 13" range. At least some models will reportedly feature improved noise cancellation during phone calls, and also clearer audio using beam-forming technology.

There's also to be a redesigned camera system on the back, which will decrease the height of the camera bump -- although not remove it. The cameras are said to benefit from an improved video and portrait photo process, that will rely more on the LiDAR sensor.

Alongside this, there is said to be a new image stabilization feature in iOS, which is intended to keep subjects in focus during videos.

Render of a purported bronze
Render of a purported bronze "iPhone 13 Pro" design

The "iPhone 13" range as a whole is predicted to retain the same lineup as the current iPhone 12 one. That's said to include an "iPhone 13 mini," although other reports have speculated that Apple will drop that model following lower than expected sales.

Leaker Max Weinberg previously correctly predicted that Apple would introduce a blue color version of the iPhone 12.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    mobirdmobird Posts: 753member
    As I have stated previously, all Apple needs to do is make the iPhone 12 mini a "Pro" version and the lackluster sales of that model will be reversed.
    patchythepiratewatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 14
    twokatmewtwokatmew Posts: 48unconfirmed, member
    Your opinion. Personally I prefer a medium-sized iPhone like the 12 Pro. I need a screen large enough that it doesn’t cause added eye strain. I’m an IT pro and do a lot of work on my phone. I’m glad Apple makes a line of phone/screen sizes that suits different people’s needs. 

mobird said:
    As I have stated previously, all Apple needs to do is make the iPhone 12 mini a "Pro" version and the lackluster sales of that model will be reversed.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Needs Touch-ID!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 14
    mobird said:
    This year more than others, the gap between Pro and non-Pro iP12 has shrunken to a tiny handful of niche features. What’s on the Pro that you wish the mini had? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 14
    The whole reason I didn't adopt the 12 Mini was because the battery life was atrocious compared to my 11 Pro and I have no use for 5G yet where I live. I'm still not sure why they adopted power hungry 5G modems in the non-pro line before necessary. There was nothing special about the 12 Pro other than a color, construction material, and the larger battery allowed more head room for 5G.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 14
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    mobird said:
    This year more than others, the gap between Pro and non-Pro iP12 has shrunken to a tiny handful of niche features. What’s on the Pro that you wish the mini had? 
    For me it’s all about the camera. I’m looking to replace my iPhone XS Max this year for a trip to Lapland. If the camera was the same on the Mini as the Max I’d buy the mini without a second thought.

I suspect Apple wouldn’t want that though as I don’t doubt they make more profit on the Max.
    patchythepiratewatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 14
    mobird said:
    I would get a pro mini in a heartbeat. Even with the smaller pro it’s annoying to have to reach all the time with my thumb (and I have medium-large hands).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 14
    longfanglongfang Posts: 450member
    mobird said:
    Lidar for me
    watto_cobradoozydozen
  • Reply 9 of 14
    I’d like to see the lens flare reduced or removed. If the Pro model wasn’t so damn heavy I’d consider it over the mini that I have. Touch ID would be fantastic.

The battery life on the mini has been given a bad rap. I find it does very well. 
    watto_cobradoozydozen
  • Reply 10 of 14
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Needs Touch-ID!
    Hopefully    realizes that Touch ID  is a necessity with the pandemic   Wearing masks isn’t going away anytime soon and entering your passcode time and time again is annoying

in any case my motto is......... Don’t expect too much and you won’t be disappointed
    watto_cobradoozydozen
  • Reply 11 of 14
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,841member
    Apple is doomed if they don’t have a mini phone :)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 14
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    mobird said:
    I would get a pro mini in a heartbeat. Even with the smaller pro it’s annoying to have to reach all the time with my thumb (and I have medium-large hands).
    The position of the back/done buttons on iOS is completely stupid. They should have moved them from top to bottom when they went from the iPhone 4 display to the bigger 5, as they were ok with a smaller screen; or with iOS 7. Having to reach across to the top left/right of the screen is crap for one handed use. It's about the only thing from Android that is more sensible, they have back and other (home and ok?) buttons at the bottom near where your thumb naturally falls.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    digitoldigitol Posts: 276member
    Are these actually rumors anymore when nobody cares. I feel like this horse has been dead and kicked too long.  Cue the “I care “ and “you’re a troll” replies to prove I own you. :D   Seriously though, it’s hard to get excited/pay attention or care about products that really fundamentally haven’t changed in years. Add to that the horrible design flaws. Why put buttons across from each other? When you press on one it cause you to accidentally press the other or both! Why are our screens still cracking when dropped. Why can’t our phones be as water resistant as the Apple Watch.  Why is there a notch in our screens. Why is there not a Touch ID button anymore or at least one under the screen or on the power button like other phones have. Face ID is a failure, especially in these covid times with masks rendering it useless. Also the amount of false activations with Face ID lighting up my phone when I’m simply carrying it it is concerning. Already I have dialed folks without knowing... guess we call that butt-dialing, but now in apple’s case the face is the new butt. I know clever huh. :P 
    /end rant. 
    edited March 2021
  • Reply 14 of 14
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    elijahg said:
    mobird said:
    The position of the back/done buttons on iOS is completely stupid. They should have moved them from top to bottom when they went from the iPhone 4 display to the bigger 5, as they were ok with a smaller screen; or with iOS 7. Having to reach across to the top left/right of the screen is crap for one handed use. It's about the only thing from Android that is more sensible, they have back and other (home and ok?) buttons at the bottom near where your thumb naturally falls.
    I think people forget that you can swipe back from the left edge of the screen to move through web pages or the pages of the app you are in, or rest your finger on the white bar at the bottom of the screen and swipe from app to app. You don't have to reach all the way up to the top left to go back. I am using the 12 Pro Max this year and moving around this way is quite useful.

watto_cobra