Jason Sudeikis wins Screen Actors Guild award for 'Ted Lasso'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ hit "Ted Lasso" continues to add awards, with star and co-writer Jason Sudeikis now picking up the Screen Actors Guild's comedy series acting trophy.

Jason Sudeikis in
Jason Sudeikis in "Ted Lasso," now streaming on Apple TV+.

Adding to its slew of awards to date -- including Critics' Choice and Writers' Guild wins -- "Ted Lasso" has now added a further acting award for star and co-writer Jason Sudeikis at the SAG Awards 2021.

Sudeikis won for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series, beating Nicholas Hoult for "The Great," Ramy Youssef for "Ramy,"and both Daniel Levy and Eugene Levy for "Schitt's Creek."

"Oh man, oh man, are you kidding me?" said Sudeikis on receiving the award during its pre-taped virtual ceremony. "I want you to thank my fellow actors. I want to thank my mom, for bringing me to plays and musicals in Kansas City, every touring company that came through, whether it be Phantom of the Opera or La Cage aux Folles."

"I want to thank my dad for taking me to go see movies," he continued. "He took me to go see Beverly Hills Cop when I was nine years old. And I knew at that point I wanted to be Black cop from Detroit. I'm getting there."

"And, again, I thank my fellow cast mates, because they make me better because I have to keep up. Thank you again for this, it's very amazing. Appreciate it."

Despite the specially-filmed "Ted Lasso" pep talk video concentrating on its nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series award, the show failed to win that award. It instead went to "Schitt's Creek," for that show's final season.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    The character he played was optimistic and entrancing. I wish more shows tried to make you feel good, rather than bad.
    SkepticalOfer
  • Reply 2 of 6
    SkepticalSkeptical Posts: 183member
     22july2013 said:
    The character he played was optimistic and entrancing. I wish more shows tried to make you feel good, rather than bad.
    Bad sells my friend. But I do agree with you. 
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    When you think of the panning AI gave it … 
    Ofer
  • Reply 4 of 6
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Rayz2016 said:
    I think they get a few previews only and the show was a grower. 
    Ofer
  • Reply 5 of 6
    d_2d_2 Posts: 118member
    asdasd said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    I think they get a few previews only and the show was a grower. 
    Or - they need to stick to reviewing “products”.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Just because the show is loved by so many (I love it), I don't think the AI review was a mistake. At the end of the day, all reviews are opinions.

For example, I absolutely love Batman v Superman - the most divisive superhero movie ever. It received a critical drubbing, but that doesn't mean that I cannot like it. 
    asdasd