Apple's next event will be on April 20, Siri says [confirmed]

Posted:
in iPad edited April 2021
Multiple users are reporting that when asked about Apple events, Siri sometimes says the next one is on April 20, at Apple Park.

Apple's current 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models
Apple's current 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models

Say, "Hey, Siri, Apple event," into iPhone and most of the time it will tell you that "you can get all the details about Apple events on Apple.com." That's true even now, but a number of users are being told of a specific, as yet unannounced event, instead.

Siri reveals Apple Event April 20 pic.twitter.com/kTu19kG6UW

-- HART (@ohHrishikesh)

The notification says only the date, and that it's at Apple Park. Tapping on the Go to Apple.com button takes users to the regular Apple events page, but there's no further details there as yet.

Two AppleInsider staffers were able to confirm that the information is provided by Siri.

Given that WWDC is confirmed as being fully online in June, it's all but certain that this Apple Park event will be too. Siri's revelation was first spotted by MacRumors.

It's expected that Apple will use this event to launch a revised 11-inch iPad Pro, and a revised 12.9-inch iPad Pro. The latter is believed to have a new mini LED backlighting system, but there are reports that production problems with this will mean the 12.9-inch model will initially be in short supply.

Update: Apple later announced a special event will be held online on April 20, confirming today's Siri rumors.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    I guess we have to thank Microsoft for this information, since Microsoft just bought the company that made Siri.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Siri is a leaker and so gonna get fired.
    frantisekbyronlmartinp13Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 12
    This is annoying:

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.
    mobirdDAalseth
  • Reply 4 of 12
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    4/20. Everyone can exhale now. 
    mobirdbyronldavenmartinp13Beatswatto_cobrabeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 5 of 12
    entropys said:
    Siri is a leaker and so gonna get fired.
    :D I guess she will be spanked and if it will not help she may get fired then :D
    edited April 2021 byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 12
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Doesn’t give specifics, though. Maybe it’s a birthday party for Miranda Kerr. Or Napoleon III. Or that Austrian guy who wanted to take over Europe. 
    Of course I’d prefer a release of iOS 14.5 and AirTags. 
    edited April 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Japhey said:
    4/20. Everyone can exhale now. 
    Or inhale. My money is on a stoner joke during the event. The new iMacs come in green man
    edited April 2021 byronlBeatssphericwatto_cobrabeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Siri agreed with this to me...

I’m sure they’ll release something official on it later today. A week out seems about right for what it is...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 12
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Ask, “what date is the Apple event in April?”

You’ll get the answer below.   

watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 12
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    This morning my SO was reading at the kitchen table. She ran across an article about this. She called out to me “Hey did you read this? It says here that when people say ‘Hey Siri, when is the next Apple event’ it says—”
    and Siri interrupted her saying, “The next Apple event is on April 20.” 

radarthekatmartinp13Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 12
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Read the headline and said something slightly different:
    ”Hey Siri, when’s the next Apple event?”

Got the same answer on iPhone 6S on latest iOS.

I don’t get why Siri gives different answers to different devices as the article states that some users didn’t get this answer. Makes me think Siri is fragmented.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Well, if this i true then shouldn’t Apple be making an official announcement right about now? The 20th is only a week away. My skeptic’s radar is tingling.
    watto_cobra