Colors in Apple's spring event invitation hint at 'a lot of things,' leaker says

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2021
While Apple has largely stopped the practice of dropping hints in its press event invitations, a leaker claims the colors on display in this week's "Spring Loaded" invite could hint at future products.

iPod

In a tweet on Wednesday, accurate Apple product leaker "L0vetodream" presented a breakdown of Apple's "Spring Loaded" invitation, slicing the stylized apple line drawing into distinct segments -- and mirroring a large section -- to spell out "iPad." In an image that he appears to have taken from Twitter user iTechEverything, L0vetodream offers sly -- and questionable -- discussion of rumors surrounding the event.

Apple is expected to launch a revamped iPad Pro with mini LED display and redesigned iPad mini model at "Spring Loaded," with other rumblings hinting at the long-awaited debut of AirTags" tracking devices.

A separate image shows the beginnings of Apple's AR teaser for the upcoming event; a colorful coil that transitions from yellow to red to purple and, finally, blue.

"[E]njoy these colors," the leaker said.

In a follow-up tweet, L0vetodream suggests the colors are not simply about one product, but instead hint at "a lot of things."

Apple is rumored to launch a new collection of iPhone cases with spring colors in the near future, some of which are represented in the invitation's illustration. On Tuesday, a supposed leak revealed what appears to be legitimate first-party cases in "Cantaloupe," "Amethyst," "Pistachio" and "Capri Blue" colorways.

Alongside seasonal iPhone cases, Apple typically releases Apple Watch bands in similar colors. For example, last year's spring refresh saw the debut of accessories for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.

AppleInsider will be covering Apple's "Spring Loaded" event live on Tuesday, April 20 at 10 a.m. Pacific.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    peterhartpeterhart Posts: 156member
    10am PT or 9am PT? An earlier article here on AI said 9...
  • Reply 2 of 20
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Maybe we’ll finally get color options on AirPods, if those end up getting released. Orange AirPods? Yes please. 
    I thought LOvetodream was retired?
    Beatsjeffythequickwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 20
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I thought the Apple Pencil drawings were an easier confirmation?

Still cool though.
    byronl
  • Reply 4 of 20
    CheeseFreezeCheeseFreeze Posts: 1,247member
    I could take the same colored curls and reshape it into ‘scrotum’. 

Yet, I’m pretty sure that’s not what’s at the end of a fancy camera pan through Apple HQ on April 20th.
    jordon schultz
  • Reply 5 of 20
    peterhart said:
    10 AM Pacific Time. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 20
    citpekscitpeks Posts: 246member
    What it really says -- "Paul is dead."
    jeffythequickfred1watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 20
    pichaelpichael Posts: 50member
    I think this is L0vetodream scraping the bottom of the barrel in the hope that the colours do match up to “lots of” cases which happen to have the same hue at some point along the long line of colours since his source has no more information to give him. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 20
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    pichael said:
    I think this is L0vetodream scraping the bottom of the barrel in the hope that the colours do match up to “lots of” cases which happen to have the same hue at some point along the long line of colours since his source has no more information to give him. 
    How do you know it’s a man? I’m 50% sure that  LOvetodream is female. 
    bageljoeyRayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 20
    EsquireCatsEsquireCats Posts: 1,268member
    The people who make these graphics don't know what is being released. You can rearrange those same pieces and get the word 'iCloud'
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 20
    In a stunning new leak, sources confirm that the spring invitation graphic suggests an announcement of "Apple" products, as the graphic, when rotated 360°, resembles the Apple logo itself.
    byronldk49watto_cobraDetnator
  • Reply 11 of 20
    applguyapplguy Posts: 235member
    Or, they could just be colors. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 20
    pichaelpichael Posts: 50member
    Japhey said:
    pichael said:
    How do you know it’s a man? I’m 50% sure that  LOvetodream is female. 
    They look pretty male here but I apologise for assuming. https://twitter.com/l0vetodream/status/1379107416051081219?s=21
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 20
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Maybe it actually says p-a-i-d showing that nothing will be given away. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    peterhart said:
    It's 10AM PT. Which article said 9?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 20
    dk49dk49 Posts: 267member
    "These colours mean a lot". Yeah sure, new color cases and new ipad colours are a HUGE deal. Things like Apple Glass, Apple VR, Apple Car are not that huge. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 20
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    Japhey said:
    I thought LOvetodream was retired?
    Didn't you hear? All the leakers are coming out of retirement now, it's the latest craze!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 20
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    peterhart said:

watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 20
    These colors seem to line up with earlier leaks of new iMac color options. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 20
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,301member
    Maybe we’ll finally get a portable MagSafe battery.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 20
    1348513485 Posts: 343member
    "In a tweet on Wednesday, accurate Apple product leaker "L0vetodream" presented a breakdown of Apple's "Spring Loaded" invitation, slicing the stylized apple line drawing into distinct segments -- and mirroring a large section -- to spell out "iPad." 

It clearly says "clod".  
    watto_cobra