Apple Watch Support for Bike+ cut back due to GymKit implementation issues, says Peloton

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    A little off topic, but I would speculate that the woman in that photo did not get that ripped from a Peloton.
    That’s Tunde. She’s also teaches some Bike Bootcamp classes among others which involves strength training. Most of the instructors teach several types of classes with the exception of some of the long distance hardcore cyclists and yoga and meditation instructors. But yeah, she’s not ripped by just riding the bike.
    edited April 2021 MplsPGeorgeBMac
  • Reply 22 of 27
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,925member
    A little off topic, but I would speculate that the woman in that photo did not get that ripped from a Peloton.
    That’s Tunde. She’s also teaches some Bike Bootcamp classes among others which involves strength training. Most of the instructors tech several types of classes with the exception of some of the long distance hardcore cyclists and yoga and meditation instructors. But yeah, she’s not ripped by just riding the bike.
    Like any fitness class, the instructors are already in exceptional condition when they become instructors; most of them use a variety of different methods. Tunde used to be obese and started going to a gym to lose weight. 
    GeorgeBMacpumpkin_king
  • Reply 23 of 27
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    MplsP said:
    That’s Tunde. She’s also teaches some Bike Bootcamp classes among others which involves strength training. Most of the instructors tech several types of classes with the exception of some of the long distance hardcore cyclists and yoga and meditation instructors. But yeah, she’s not ripped by just riding the bike.
    Like any fitness class, the instructors are already in exceptional condition when they become instructors; most of them use a variety of different methods. Tunde used to be obese and started going to a gym to lose weight. 
    That's impressive!

• Reply 24 of 27
    Beats said:
    Apple should have bought them long ago it may be too late now. 
    Apple should have bought Waze a long time ago. 
    Apple should have bought Spotify a long time ago. 
    Apple should have bought Nest a long time ago. 
    Apple should have bought Ring a long time ago.

Instead, Apple bought Beats - and got nothing in return.

Apple’s history in terms of missing the boat on big-picture acquisitions is legendary - most of those misses were driven by executives protecting their positions, instead of looking at the best future of Apple.
    elijahg
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Beats said:
    Apple should have bought them long ago it may be too late now. 
    Apple should have bought Waze a long time ago. 
    Apple should have bought Spotify a long time ago. 
    Apple should have bought Nest a long time ago. 
    Apple should have bought Ring a long time ago.

Instead, Apple bought Beats - and got nothing in return.

Apple’s history in terms of missing the boat on big-picture acquisitions is legendary - most of those misses were driven by executives protecting their positions, instead of looking at the best future of Apple.
    Apple got nothing? I wouldn't call Apple Music nothing. 

I also don't think they have missed out on anything when it comes to Nest, Ring or Waze. But please do the financial breakdown for me. As for Spotify, something has to be for sale for Apple to buy it and there is no indication Spotify is looking for someone to purchase it. 
    edited April 2021
  • Reply 26 of 27
    I wouldn't call Apple Music nothing. 
    I also don't think they have missed out on anything when it comes to Nest, Ring or Waze. But please do the financial breakdown for me. As for Spotify, something has to be for sale for Apple to buy it and there is no indication Spotify is looking for someone to purchase it. 
    Here we go again - I understand that there will always be fanbois that believe that Apple can never make any mistakes, ever... 

In the case of Apple Music, Apple spent $3 billion dollars, and turned that into a sub-par streaming music service that has to nearly constantly spam iOS users to beg for subscribers, isn’t capable of mirroring the simplest features of Spotify, and isn’t worth $10/mo (I finally had to delete the Music app from all of my devices to stop it from being disruptive). For far less than $3 billion, Apple could have developed the same app - they paid $3 billion for Jimmy Iovine, and then let him leave after not using any of the Music resources Beats had - namely, the Beats Music app was brilliant, and I originally thought that is what was the become Apple Music. None of Beats Music was being used.

As for Waze - yes, you’re right, Apple Maps was always flawless and absolutely didn’t need any infrastructure assistance (that’s sarcasm, by the way). I guess that’s why Apple licensed Waze for as long as it did, because they don’t need it (the license is still active, but will expire soon).

Finally, as for Nest and Ring - absolutely no advantage to Apple to have had devices inside and around every home, and a footprint in the most essential components of a smartHome. Nope, no advantages at all - especially since they could have bought Nest, Ring and Waze for less than $3 billion, with lots of change left over ... and HomeKit would now be firmly established in all the homes that have Nest thermostats and ring doorbells and cameras.

A lot of these failures originated with different executives within Apple that pushed their own agendas rather than what’s good for Apple - the most notable example being Jony Ive, who very nearly dragged Apple down, until he finally was fired... and the recovery was quite obvious since that happened. Tim Cook deserves accolade for recovering from the Jony Fiasco, but sadly Nest, Ring and Waze are permanent losses, since that have all been purchased by aggressive competitors that are now busy eating Apple’s lunch in the smart home field.
    elijahg
  • Reply 27 of 27
    I wouldn't call Apple Music nothing. 
    Here we go again - I understand that there will always be fanbois that believe that Apple can never make any mistakes, ever... 

In the case of Apple Music, Apple spent $3 billion dollars, and turned that into a sub-par streaming music service that has to nearly constantly spam iOS users to beg for subscribers, isn’t capable of mirroring the simplest features of Spotify, and isn’t worth $10/mo (I finally had to delete the Music app from all of my devices to stop it from being disruptive). For far less than $3 billion, Apple could have developed the same app - they paid $3 billion for Jimmy Iovine, and then let him leave after not using any of the Music resources Beats had - namely, the Beats Music app was brilliant, and I originally thought that is what was the become Apple Music. None of Beats Music was being used.

As for Waze - yes, you’re right, Apple Maps was always flawless and absolutely didn’t need any infrastructure assistance (that’s sarcasm, by the way). I guess that’s why Apple licensed Waze for as long as it did, because they don’t need it (the license is still active, but will expire soon).

Finally, as for Nest and Ring - absolutely no advantage to Apple to have had devices inside and around every home, and a footprint in the most essential components of a smartHome. Nope, no advantages at all - especially since they could have bought Nest, Ring and Waze for less than $3 billion, with lots of change left over ... and HomeKit would now be firmly established in all the homes that have Nest thermostats and ring doorbells and cameras.

A lot of these failures originated with different executives within Apple that pushed their own agendas rather than what’s good for Apple - the most notable example being Jony Ive, who very nearly dragged Apple down, until he finally was fired... and the recovery was quite obvious since that happened. Tim Cook deserves accolade for recovering from the Jony Fiasco, but sadly Nest, Ring and Waze are permanent losses, since that have all been purchased by aggressive competitors that are now busy eating Apple’s lunch in the smart home field.
    At no point did I say Apple never makes mistakes. So you kicked that off with a straw man argument. Unfortunately that was the high point of critical thought in your response as you completely avoid answering the question I asked in favor of opinion, conjecture and making things up. I was open to an actual conversation but apparently you weren’t. Best of luck to you.