Stolen Quanta documents show MacBook Pro with SD card slot, MagSafe

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    Ugh, I hope this isn't a return to the full height left/right keys. Honestly it's the only thing I dislike about my 2018 MBP keyboard, and was looking forward to my next replacement having the inverted-T of the current 16".

MAYBE just maybe they'll do something to make it easier to feel the different keys like have the bottom half raised or something, but probably not if the new iMac keyboard is an indicator. Oh well.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    dysamoria said:
    k2kw said:
    charlesn said:
    This is a judgement call, for sure, and I can appreciate the opposite POV on this issue but, overall, I wish the media--especially Apple-focused media like AI--wouldn't aid hackers by publishing stolen documents. Commenters here, who seem tho think that publishing this document negates its value as a "hostage" item, are missing the point: there's a lot more the hackers stole that has yet to be made public. The widespread dissemination of this MacBook document shows what will happen to everything they have if the ransom isn't paid. They'll publish on the dark web, and then let the mainstream press do their dirty work from there. Don't want that to happen, Apple? Fine, pay us $50 million. 
    Tim Cook should just call up Chairman Xi and ask him to hunt down these hackers and have them painfully killed.   
    What is wrong with you? A death sentence is absolutely NOT a proportionate response for industrial espionage.
    Edgelords gonna edge.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    dysamoria said:
    k2kw said:
    charlesn said:
    This is a judgement call, for sure, and I can appreciate the opposite POV on this issue but, overall, I wish the media--especially Apple-focused media like AI--wouldn't aid hackers by publishing stolen documents. Commenters here, who seem tho think that publishing this document negates its value as a "hostage" item, are missing the point: there's a lot more the hackers stole that has yet to be made public. The widespread dissemination of this MacBook document shows what will happen to everything they have if the ransom isn't paid. They'll publish on the dark web, and then let the mainstream press do their dirty work from there. Don't want that to happen, Apple? Fine, pay us $50 million. 
    Tim Cook should just call up Chairman Xi and ask him to hunt down these hackers and have them painfully killed.   
    What is wrong with you? A death sentence is absolutely NOT a proportionate response for industrial espionage.
    Its entirely proportional, it would prevent it happening again and deter others from trying it
  • Reply 64 of 64
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    ionicle said:
    dysamoria said:
    k2kw said:
    charlesn said:
    Its entirely proportional, it would prevent it happening again and deter others from trying it
    That's not what proportional means.