Apple launches new wireless Magic Keyboard for Mac with Touch ID

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    nicholfdnicholfd Posts: 824member
    melgross said:
    It was thought that Apple couldn’t do touched on a separate keyboard. But it seems they solved the problem with, what else, a new chip.

it’s hard to have a backlit wireless keyboard without making it bulkier because of bigger batteries.
    It is not.  Look at the Logitech K810 & K811 - I own both.  They are comparable to the current Apple wireless keyboard in size, and they have a longer battery life.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 42
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    nicholfd said:
    melgross said:
    It was thought that Apple couldn’t do touched on a separate keyboard. But it seems they solved the problem with, what else, a new chip.

it’s hard to have a backlit wireless keyboard without making it bulkier because of bigger batteries.
    It is not.  Look at the Logitech K810 & K811 - I own both.  They are comparable to the current Apple wireless keyboard in size, and they have a longer battery life.
    Hmm. I replied to you, but the post isn’t here. So, ok. I’m not familiar with those models. That’s all I can say about it because the ones I’ve seen are all bulkier, heavier, and even more expensive.