M1 iMac, Apple TV 4K, iPad Pro will ship on May 21 says leaker

Posted:
in iPad edited April 2021
Apple's trio of new products -- iPad Pro, M1 iMac, and Apple TV 4K - are now expected to ship to customers starting on May 21, 2021.

Leaker Jon Prosser says new iPad Pro models will launch on May 21 and 22
Leaker Jon Prosser says new iPad Pro models will launch on May 21

Apple's launch of the new iPad Pro, iMac, and Apple TV 4K included only the information that preorders would start on April 30, with shipping in the second half of May. Now, sources including leaker Jon Prosser claims to have updated, final information on their actual release dates.

It follows a previous report from Prosser, which he called "weird," that showed two different dates for the iPad Pro.

Update on this:

iPad Pro launch is May 21st.

The "22nd" date I mentioned is linked to the 5G model for a certain carrier and should be disregarded for the most part.

Apple will also launch the new Apple TV on May 21st. https://t.co/A31ZulKGWa

-- Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser)

Prosser has not specified a date for the iMac. However, 9to5mac has spotted that UK retailed John Lewis is saying it will be available from May 21.

Apple will open preorders for the iMac, iPad Pro, and Apple TV 4K from Friday, April 30.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    He just took the date from John Lewis in the U.K. and announced it as a “Leak” what a cockwomble.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Speaking of the Apple TV 4K is there some sort of migration assistant process when I replace my Apple TV HD with the new model. Will I have to re-download all of my apps or will signing in with my Apple ID cause those apps to be downloaded to the new model? Will I have to sign back in to those apps like Netflix, Disney+, Peacock, etc. ?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    lkrupp said:
    Speaking of the Apple TV 4K is there some sort of migration assistant process when I replace my Apple TV HD with the new model. Will I have to re-download all of my apps or will signing in with my Apple ID cause those apps to be downloaded to the new model? Will I have to sign back in to those apps like Netflix, Disney+, Peacock, etc. ?
    Strangely, Apple doesn't seem to have planned for that on the AppleTV as well as for other devices.

You can synchronize your Home Screen between multiple devices, but that doesn't carry over your log-ins

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-transfer-apps-and-settings-to-your-new-apple-tv/
    watto_cobra