24-inch iMac, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4K preorders begin

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2021
Customers can now pre-order the 24-inch iMac, iPad Pro with M1 processor, and new Apple TV 4K through Apple's web store.

Pre-order the iPad Pro, 24-inch iMac, and Apple TV 4K
Pre-order the iPad Pro, 24-inch iMac, and Apple TV 4K

At its "Spring Loaded" event, Apple announced several new products with a vague release date of "second half of May." Apple inadvertently revealed a May 21 date in a press release, but it is unclear which product it belonged to until now.

Customers can now use the online Apple Store for pre-ordering the 24-inch iMac, the iPad Pro with M1, and the new Apple TV 4K, although preorder deals are already available at Apple resellers, knocking up to $167 off the new devices and AppleCare.

Arrival dates are starting on May 21. These are expected to slip rapidly.

Apple made the purple iPhone 12 and AirTag available to order on April 23, and the initial orders ship to customers April 30. Some lucky customers received their orders days in advance.

Dates for these high-demand products will slip quickly. Deliveries will begin in the second half of May, with devices becoming available in-store on the same day.

It isn't clear how many of each device will be available at retail. Stocks are expected to be limited.

">

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get the latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    siretmansiretman Posts: 117member
    I ordered the iPad Pro 12.9 and Apple TV 4K but had to quit the Apple Store app a few times to get rid of the error message when I tried to add my selections to the Bag. 

I finally succeeded about 6 minutes after 5am. And I received emails confirming the purchases.

The delivery times were stated as May 21-May 28 for the iPad Pro 12.9 and May 21-27 for the Apple TV 4K. 

My job is done and I am going back to sleep. 
    edited April 2021 Wgkruegerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 26
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    Only slept 1 hour 30 minutes all night but was worth it got the green iMac 16 gig, 1Tb, extended keyboard, track pad and mouse for my daughter she will get it between the 21-27th. She's excited.
    InspiredCodeStrangeDaysBeatsWgkruegerdanoxdewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 26
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    siretman said:
    I ordered the iPad Pro 12.9 and Apple TV 4K but had to quit the Apple Store app a few times to get rid of the error message when I tried to add my selections to the Bag. 

I finally succeeded about 6 minutes after 5am. And I received emails confirming the purchases.

The delivery times were stated as May 21-May 28 for the iPad Pro 12.9 and May 21-27 for the Apple TV 4K. 

My job is done and I am going back to sleep. 
    Well, I waited until normal hours to order the Apple TV 4K, had no issues doing it, and got the same estimated delivery date as you, 5/21-5/27. My beauty rest was more important.
    williamlondonPezaBeats
  • Reply 4 of 26
    j2fusionj2fusion Posts: 153member
    Already into June 9th to June 23rd for the 12.9 inch iPad Pro w 2TB
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 26
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    The website was quite flaky on my Mac and stuff would appear and disappear from the shopping bag. 
    I switched to the iPad Pro and got mine in about 10 minutes in.

12.9 WiFi, 256 - same as my existing one, which is already sold to a co-worker.

Any of you who are veterans (like me) or active duty can order through the Veterans/Military store and get a 10% discount. 
    edited April 2021 Fidonet127jdh117OctoMonkeydewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 26
    I also had issues with the Apple Store. I didn't open for me until about 08:03 EDT although I was sitting with my order done, poised to hit "Send". I did, "Added to Bag", went to check bag to complete the order and nothing in the bag. Did this 4 more times. Finally switched to Firefox and tried again before I finally succeeded. Order placed (iPad Pro, 12.9, 1 TB, wifi + cellular) by 08:15 and orders were already slipped to 9 - 23 Jun as noted by J2fusion. I'm pissed because I need it for a trip at the end of May and specifically set up to order as soon as the store opened so this wouldn't happen.

Separately, I ordered the new Magic Keyboard and it is supposed to ship by 4 May...
  • Reply 7 of 26
    No issues with the website. About 8:01 I was able to select the iMac. green, 256gb hard drive, 16gb ram, 8/8/16 SOC. 21-27 May is delivery time. Also picked up a tb3 to tb2 adapter. Love the vet discount.  
    williamlondon
  • Reply 8 of 26
    I started trying just before 8 am eastern. It was difficult to get through without it saying the Mac was no longer available in the cart. It took me until 8:05 am to get the order placed without erroring out. Shipping time reported June 1st - 8th for a blue iMac that is fully speced. This will be my machine to test the next operating system, so it will arrive just in time for WWDC.
    edited April 2021 Beatsdewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 26
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    mwhite said:
    Only slept 1 hour 30 minutes all night but was worth it got the green iMac 16 gig, 1Tb, extended keyboard, track pad and mouse for my daughter she will get it between the 21-27th. She's excited.
    Orders opened at 8 PM local to me. Ordered the same except for colour and track pad. Replacing a Core i7, late 2009 27" iMac. Orders here are delivering 26th May - 06th June. I'm sure your daughter will love her new Mac.
    Beatshammeroftruthmwhitewatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 26
    davgreg said:
    The website was quite flaky on my Mac and stuff would appear and disappear from the shopping bag. 
    I switched to the iPad Pro and got mine in about 10 minutes in.

12.9 WiFi, 256 - same as my existing one, which is already sold to a co-worker.

Any of you who are veterans (like me) or active duty can order through the Veterans/Military store and get a 10% discount. 
    I placed my Apple TV 4K order an hour ago...  had no idea Apple offered a military (veteran) discount.  DOH!

Given I have purchased around $5K of products from Apple over the last 8 months I sure do wish I had.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    Beatsdewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 26
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    Blue iMac 16GB mem; 1TB SSD delivers 6/1-6/7. No issues with the online order.
    mwhite
  • Reply 12 of 26
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I wish these were exciting times for Apple TV but there’s hardly reason to upgrade.
    Japheyflyingdp
  • Reply 13 of 26
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Beats said:
    I wish these were exciting times for Apple TV but there’s hardly reason to upgrade.
    You should watch this video…It may give you a little hope, as it did me:

watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Japhey said:
    Beats said:

I think you should wait until it ships and can be reviewed before making any decisions. True it has an older cpu, but we don’t know if Apple made improvements to it since it doesn’t have to babysit other hardware like it does on an iphone. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 26
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Japhey said:
    Beats said:

I think you should wait until it ships and can be reviewed before making any decisions. True it has an older cpu, but we don’t know if Apple made improvements to it since it doesn’t have to babysit other hardware like it does on an iphone. 
    Maybe, but did you watch the video link? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Top of the line iMac 24 with 16GB and 1TB SSD is ~$2100.00. Not bad.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 26
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    Beats said:
    I wish these were exciting times for Apple TV but there’s hardly reason for me to to upgrade.
    Please don’t speak for the rest of us.
    edited May 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 26
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,123member
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    Beats said:

Unless you’re playing games, a faster CPU is pointless on an AppleTV.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 26
    OctoMonkeyOctoMonkey Posts: 311member
    flydog said:
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    Beats said:

Unless you’re playing games, a faster CPU is pointless on an AppleTV.  
    Given the history of unrelenting bloatware, I would have to disagree with this.  The primary application I run on my Apple TVs is definitely not as responsive as it was a year ago.  My best guess would be the application itself is not as streamlined as it once was, it is also possible the OS has become less responsive.  In either case, a faster CPU would (or should) help.

If only we had the ability to roll back the OS and the application versions...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 26
    If only we had the ability to roll back the OS and the application versions...
    Thank God we don’t. Imagine the utter chaos that would result in just to satisfy a few outliers. 
    watto_cobra