Apple launches new 'Careers at Apple' webpage with refreshed design

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has debuted a new careers page that features an refreshed design, quotes from current staffers, several short films about the company, and more.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

The new "Careers at Apple" webpage, which launched this week, highlights some of the various employees and teams at the Cupertino tech giant. That includes engineer, Apple Retail, and Software and Services.

On the webpage, Apple touts its values: accessibility, education, environment, privacy, and inclusion and diversity, among other. The company says those values are "part of everything built in -- including careers."

Apple also published "Work at Apple" and "Life at Apple" pages with more information about the company's teams, organization, and emphasis on diversity among employees.

For example, the "Work at Apple" page says that Apple is organized by functional specialties instead of business units, which is "rare for a company our size." The "Life at Apple" page proclaims that the company will "welcome you for who you are and who you want to become."

The page also links to current job openings at Apple. As of writing, the company is hiring for more than 600 positions across the globe.

The new "Careers at Apple" page replaces the older "Jobs at Apple" website, which was refreshed back in January.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    As far as I know it is truly life at Apple... including weekends. No personal life. Is this how one imagines life balance? Well elsewhere it is called: Do more with less... and sometimes... for less. I call it project mismanagement on resource levels. Giving forced time off in periods of market slowness is not a solution to compensate. It is not one life model fits all and company does not own employee just because one pursues career with it.
    edited April 2021 FileMakerFeller
  • Reply 2 of 6
    FileMakerFellerFileMakerFeller Posts: 1,546member
    I agree. Still, some people are so committed to an idea that they devote their entire life to it; if you're a good fit for Apple's culture then you can thrive, and if not, you don't have to sign up. It's a lot like the military in that respect.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    tobiantobian Posts: 148member
    Apples recruitment is like “We are looking for people like you. Join us”.. however, after filling up all the required personal info, and welcome letter attachment, if you don’t fit in any, for any reason (I guess it’s me being just white hetero guy with traditional family profile) they just wont react with a single word, nothing, keeping silent. I view this most arogant approach.
    LeftyLisalkrupp
  • Reply 4 of 6
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    tobian said:
    Apples recruitment is like “We are looking for people like you. Join us”.. however, after filling up all the required personal info, and welcome letter attachment, if you don’t fit in any, for any reason (I guess it’s me being just white hetero guy with traditional family profile) they just wont react with a single word, nothing, keeping silent. I view this most arogant approach.
    LOL no, you are not a victim. Say it with me: “I am not a victim!”

Reality check: Apple’s generally only hires A players. If you are not an A player, the best in your field, you don’t get a call back.

They don’t ask about your “traditional family values” in the applications, you just made that up. You are not a straight white male victim. That’s just fucking idiotic.
    edited May 2021
  • Reply 5 of 6
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    tobian said:

Reality check: Apple’s generally only hires A players. If you are not an A player, the best in your field, you don’t get a call back.
    A mark of a crappy company in my opinion.  Apple certainly aren't alone in doing it, but if people have gone to the trouble of applying and putting themselves out there then they deserve a call back.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    tobiantobian Posts: 148member
    tobian said:

They don’t ask about your “traditional family values” in the applications, you just made that up. You are not a straight white male victim. That’s just fucking idiotic.
    I’m not a victim! Uff.. yeah, it’s better now :D That was indeed just a sarcastic jab into forced equality illness. I’ll try to make it more clear next time. Anyway, while I’m humble enough to understand I’m perhaps not the A player they’re looking for.. my post was about plain decorum. It’s not what one deserves, but logical behaviour. If you expect you’re in touch with a profesional, he is focusing on a single place of interest at the time, so no reply is a waste.