2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,847member
    flydog said:
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    Beats said:
    I wish these were exciting times for Apple TV but there’s hardly reason to upgrade.
    You should watch this video…It may give you a little hope, as it did me:

I think you should wait until it ships and can be reviewed before making any decisions. True it has an older cpu, but we don’t know if Apple made improvements to it since it doesn’t have to babysit other hardware like it does on an iphone. 
    Maybe, but did you watch the video link? 

Unless you’re playing games, a faster CPU is pointless on an AppleTV.  

Never pointless for developers, Apple has to build it first, so that developers have something aim at.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,359member
    davgreg said:
    Any of you who are veterans (like me) or active duty can order through the Veterans/Military store and get a 10% discount. 
    Thanks again for the reminder. You’d be pleasantly surprised with some of the veterans discounts available. It never hurts to ask a few questions or search online to see if those who you’re doing business with have any discounts. Even Verizon offers a monthly discount on cellular service for veterans.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    OctoMonkeyOctoMonkey Posts: 311member
    dewme said:
    davgreg said:
    Any of you who are veterans (like me) or active duty can order through the Veterans/Military store and get a 10% discount. 
    Thanks again for the reminder. You’d be pleasantly surprised with some of the veterans discounts available. It never hurts to ask a few questions or search online to see if those who you’re doing business with have any discounts. Even Verizon offers a monthly discount on cellular service for veterans.
    We dropped Verizon last year in favor of Comcast wireless.  While I am not, in general, a fan-boy for Comcast, we are saving around $150 per month since the change...  we now pay around $30 per month for 5 iPhones!  Not per phone, but in total.  Of course, we are at an extreme since we use virtually no wireless data.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,359member
    dewme said:
    davgreg said:
    We dropped Verizon last year in favor of Comcast wireless.  While I am not, in general, a fan-boy for Comcast, we are saving around $150 per month since the change...  we now pay around $30 per month for 5 iPhones!  Not per phone, but in total.  Of course, we are at an extreme since we use virtually no wireless data.

That's cool.

I was just echoing davgreg's note that veterans can score some savings from Apple. Microsoft offers similar savings for veterans. In general, if you're buying something you should always see if you can find a way to save a little through whatever means you can. My employer is a supplier to many of the big auto companies as well as a big customer of Dell and Microsoft. All of these partnerships bring along savings for employees who purchase products from those companies. There's never any harm in asking around your HR department. The last time I bought the Microsoft Office for Mac suite (shrink wrapped software, not the subscription) it was $9.99. When I bought a Mazda it was zero hassle/zero haggle "this is the price for partners" and the sales person walks away to troll for more profitable prospects. Same deal for students. If you're taking classes at a university there's a very good chance you'll be able to buy computer hardware and software at a substantial discount.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    flydog said:
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    Beats said:
    I wish these were exciting times for Apple TV but there’s hardly reason to upgrade.
    You should watch this video…It may give you a little hope, as it did me:

I think you should wait until it ships and can be reviewed before making any decisions. True it has an older cpu, but we don’t know if Apple made improvements to it since it doesn’t have to babysit other hardware like it does on an iphone. 
    Maybe, but did you watch the video link? 

Unless you’re playing games, a faster CPU is pointless on an AppleTV.  
    Yeah, obviously. But the thing is, there are many people who want to do exactly that. Many people who would like to play Xbox and PlayStation quality games, but on the Apple TV. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 26
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,707member
    iMac looks ugly and uninspired - instead of doing something new, they made a new version of the jellybean iMacs - even with same color schemes. 
    Still only m1 spec. 16 fb ram limit. 

Unimpressive both in firm and fiction. 

The iPad pricing is getting a bit crazy. 

Looking forward to the iMac Pro - and a sale on iPad Pro.