Apple has third of gaming market's transactions in total, 7% of 'Fortnite' revenue

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    sflocal said:
    crowley said:
    Again, I been pointing out Epic is largely owned by Chinas Tencent Media
    Really?  I hadn't noticed.  Maybe you should point it out a few dozen more times.
    Sorry but that is the whole key to this case. All this security or Gaming market stuff is just smoke screen.

look at what China is trying to do to Tesla using “Weibo”(Also a company controlled by China) by planting people who is claiming Tesla
    brakes don’t work and trying to rile up the people.

The Chinese communists are very calculating people, they smile at you but then stab you, they are essentially using our courts now trying to hurt American company for the benefit of Huawei and others
    Sweeney remains the majority shareholder.  Tencent owns 48.4% of Epic.

As much as I can't stand Sweeney, I doubt he is bending-over and grabbing his ankles for China.  This is Sweeney having a personal beef with Apple and much less - if any - about China trying to ruffle Apple's feathers.
    If an entity owns 49 percent of your company, even not majority, trust me, your fortunes are tied to that entity . Don’t be naive 
    I've never defended Crowley before, but there's a first time for everything. You used to say Tencent owns Epic. Now that you've been called out on that lie, you are qualifying it by saying "Tencent largely owns Epic." You don't need to "largely lie" to make your case. Just state the facts. Exaggeration doesn't help your case. Just speak calmly with an authoritative and accurate voice. I hate China more than you do, but I wouldn't overstate the facts like you do.

Um what? Even if China owns %1 they still own the company. People called me a “liar” when I said Steve Jobs owned Disney but DAMN, 48% is a ridiculous amount!! If you think 48% doesn’t have an influence you’re delusional.
    Trey_LanceStrangeDays
  • Reply 22 of 23
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Beats said:
    sflocal said:
    crowley said:
    Really?  I hadn't noticed.  Maybe you should point it out a few dozen more times.
    Sorry but that is the whole key to this case. All this security or Gaming market stuff is just smoke screen.

look at what China is trying to do to Tesla using “Weibo”(Also a company controlled by China) by planting people who is claiming Tesla

The Chinese communists are very calculating people, they smile at you but then stab you, they are essentially using our courts now trying to hurt American company for the benefit of Huawei and others

As much as I can't stand Sweeney, I doubt he is bending-over and grabbing his ankles for China.  This is Sweeney having a personal beef with Apple and much less - if any - about China trying to ruffle Apple's feathers.
    If an entity owns 49 percent of your company, even not majority, trust me, your fortunes are tied to that entity . Don’t be naive 
    I've never defended Crowley before, but there's a first time for everything. You used to say Tencent owns Epic. Now that you've been called out on that lie, you are qualifying it by saying "Tencent largely owns Epic." You don't need to "largely lie" to make your case. Just state the facts. Exaggeration doesn't help your case. Just speak calmly with an authoritative and accurate voice. I hate China more than you do, but I wouldn't overstate the facts like you do.

Um what? Even if China owns %1 they still own the company. People called me a “liar” when I said Steve Jobs owned Disney but DAMN, 48% is a ridiculous amount!! If you think 48% doesn’t have an influence you’re delusional.
    No one said that though.

There's a difference between owning something and owning a share in something.  And there's a crucial difference between being a majority shareholder and a minority shareholder, which is the mistake that Trey made.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 23 of 23
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    Beats said:
    sflocal said:
    crowley said:

They own 40%. Tim Sweeney holds the majority controlling shares. 

Steve Jobs owned 7% of Disney through his 51% ownership of Pixar, but nobody would extrapolate that Jobs owned Disney, that’s absurd. 

muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra