• Reply 21 of 26
    markbyrnmarkbyrn Posts: 661member
    A proud 96%er here 😀
    hexclockwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,256member
    bonobob said:
    hexclock said:
    I’d sure like to meet some of these 4 percenters. 
    I'm one of them, on one of 3 devices.  I decided that I want to see when apps start asking, how they phrase their plea to track, and whether they keep asking.

So far, only Dictionary (by dictionary.com) has asked, but it only provided its own prompt, to which I said No, and I did not get the request from iOS itself.  So the app does not show up in the list of apps that have asked to track.  So far, it has asked twice, for the first two times I opened it, but it hasn't asked since.  If it starts asking again, I will say yes and then go turn it off manually in the Settings app.
    Interesting. Perhaps I’ll experiment with that. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,256member
    602warren said:
    hexclock said:
    I said yes - on AppleTV. But have said no on all other devices. I figure if I'm being forced to watch commercials, then they may as well be commercials for things Im interested in.
    Good point. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    bonobob said:
    hexclock said:
    I'm one of them, on one of 3 devices.  I decided that I want to see when apps start asking, how they phrase their plea to track, and whether they keep asking.

So far, only Dictionary (by dictionary.com) has asked, but it only provided its own prompt, to which I said No, and I did not get the request from iOS itself.  So the app does not show up in the list of apps that have asked to track.  So far, it has asked twice, for the first two times I opened it, but it hasn't asked since.  If it starts asking again, I will say yes and then go turn it off manually in the Settings app.

You’re not one of them. The 4% are people who are ALLOWING them to track.

I have the asking feature on too because I didn’t know there was an option to turn it off on a system level?
  • Reply 25 of 26
    viclauyycviclauyyc Posts: 849member
    spock1234 said:
    I too have the ‘Ask to track’ turned on. Not because I mean to allow any tracking, but just to see which Apps ask to track me, and how. 
    I have the Ask to Track turn on too. So I can enjoy to say NO every time they ask. 
    forgot usernamewatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    602warren said:
    hexclock said:
    I said yes - on AppleTV. But have said no on all other devices. I figure if I'm being forced to watch commercials, then they may as well be commercials for things Im interested in.
    Fair comment. 
    forgot usernamewatto_cobra
2»