POW's in Iraq

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?0na=x233A2C0-

Will Iraq let the Red Cross in? Will they find evidence of torture if let in? All it is doing right now is strengthening American troops resolve. What do you think the soldiers were thinking when they found:

Quote:

...shredded remains of at least one female U.S. military uniform at a hospital in An Nasiriyah that had been used by Iraqi forces. It was not clear what distinguished the uniform from those worn by men.

In another part of the hospital, Marines found a large battery next to a bed ? leading them to suspect it was used as a torture device, Sanders reported.

Or to be more specific:

Quote:

Uniform found at hospital

March 28, 2003 ? Kerry Sanders tours a ?hospital? in An Nasiriyah, where Marines found the bloody, shredded pieces of at least one U.S. uniform worn by servicewomen.

Where is the person the uniform belongs to? What are they wearing now? Are they dead?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I hope the Red Cross can go in and I hope the troops that remain are in good shape. Perhaps the ones in direct charge of the POWs will be forward thinking enough to protect the troops to save their own hides after the war.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Well, have they been let in yet? How are the POW's? Can anyone find a link to show me?

This is all I can find so far:

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...1-26288248.htm

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/...20858&SecID=33

And a few other just like it.

Anyone?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    It is an interesting question, why 24/7 Tragedy TV isn't talking about this more and why more people aren't calling for the Red Cross to be in there. I think it has a lot to do with how little people really care about the humans involved in this.

To most it's just a political game, and it's unrealistic to expect it to be much more. It's so remote we have a hard time understanding the reality of it, graphic pictures notwithstanding.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I can't remember where, but I saw an article today that claimed that the Red Cross were still attempting to visit the POWs. No luck so far.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    They rescued an American POW today. A 19 year old girl.

\
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

\

http://www.msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?0cb=-31f133692

For those who want more info. Still no Red Cross access.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Apr9.html

So when are we going to get our POW's back? Any time soon?

And did I read it right that they have still got a POW from GW1?!?

Go get your men and women back boys! Quickly!
  • Reply 8 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NoahJ

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Apr9.html

So when are we going to get our POW's back? Any time soon?

And did I read it right that they have still got a POW from GW1?!?

Go get your men and women back boys! Quickly!

There are MIAs from '91 and I hope to god they are not POWs. Not that I wish them to be dead but leaving them behind is just too horrible. I want to know what happened to our MIAs.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

\

The intricate ways of the English language. If she were on a tank shooting at Iraqi soldiers, she'd be a lean mean female killing machine. A woman to fear. But she got captured, and all of a sudden she's a GIRL. Like 16 year-old whimsical adolescents got transported, against their will, to the Gulf, to fight Bush' war against their will.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

The intricate ways of the English language. If she were on a tank shooting at Iraqi soldiers, she'd be a lean mean female killing machine. A woman to fear. But she got captured, and all of a sudden she's a GIRL. Like 16 year-old whimsical adolescents got transported, against their will, to the Gulf, to fight Bush' war against their will.

Oh god. So when they call our soldiers "boys" what does that mean? Sexist plot to subjugate them?
  • Reply 11 of 15
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Oh god. So when they call our soldiers "boys" what does that mean? Sexist plot to subjugate them?

I'd call it repressed homosexuality at least.

What idiot would call a man, holding a gun larger than his leg, a 'boy'? I wouldn't like to be shot by one of these 'boys'.

Better yet, what idiot state arms 'boys' with guns, larger than these boys' legs? Sudan does. Hardly the lighting beacon of civilisation. Go ahead and identify yourself with them. My 'boys'!?

• Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

I'd call it repressed homosexuality at least.

What idiot would call a man, holding a gun larger than his leg, a 'boy'? I wouldn't like to be shot by one of these 'boys'.

Better yet, what idiot state arms 'boys' with guns, larger than these boys' legs? Sudan does. Hardly the lighting beacon of civilisation. Go ahead and identify yourself with them. My 'boys'!?

Why don't you find a real issue to be upset with. This thread happens to be about getting our POW's back. Whether we call them girls or boys, men or women is seriously besides the point. The outrage is out of place.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by NoahJ

http://www.msnbc.com/news/889604.asp?0cb=-31f133692

For those who want more info. Still no Red Cross access.

Who would they be seeing ?

They torture soldiers for what little they can get and execute them. Haven't you people been paying attention, they don't need hostages and they don't take prisoners.

The only reason the private was still alive was because she was a female soldier ( a Muslim contradiction ).

It's terribly sad, but the truth.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

The intricate ways of the English language. If she were on a tank shooting at Iraqi soldiers, she'd be a lean mean female killing machine. A woman to fear. But she got captured, and all of a sudden she's a GIRL.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by MrBillData

Who would they be seeing ?

They torture soldiers for what little they can get and execute them. Haven't you people been paying attention, they don't need hostages and they don't take prisoners.

The only reason the private was still alive was because she was a female soldier ( a Muslim contradiction ).

It's terribly sad, but the truth.

That has actually been my point to a certain extent. However I have been taking the hopeful road of they are just being jerks about it. I want all of those POW's to make it home. If we find them executed or otherwise dead I will be seriously upset. Whatever that is worth.