Most Apple users agree with App Tracking Transparency, plan to buy AirTag

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple's brand loyalty has increased to 93% after the rollout of new products and features like AirTag and App Tracking Transparency, with most users agreeing with the privacy change in iOS 14.5.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

A total of 73% of respondents in a new SellCell survey said they agree with Apple's privacy changes, compared to 18% who opposed it and 9% who weren't sure.

Additionally, 36% of those surveyed picked App Tracking Transparency as their favorite iOS 14.5 feature. In second place was Unlock with Apple Watch with 23% of the vote. Apple Maps crowdsourced data came in third with 13%, AirTag support in Find My came in fourth with 8%, and game controller support ranked fifth with 6.9%.

SellCell also surveyed users about Apple's new spring product lineup, including AirTag and new colorful iMac models.

For AirTag, 61% of respondents said they planned to purchase the Apple tracking accessory. According to the device, 54% think Apple's price tag for AirTag is fair, while 67% said they believe the accessory should be packaged with an iPhone. More than half said they'd purchase AirTag in a four-pack bundle, rather than individually.

Users also had different feelings about what they'd use AirTag for. About 42% of users said they'd track keys with the device, while 34.8% said they'd track pets, 30.6% said they'd track luggage, 25.8% said they'd track a bike, and 23.3% said they'd track a purse or wallet.

Interestingly, 15% of respondents said they'd use AirTag to track a kid, while 6.9% said they'd use the accessory to track their partner.

Enthusiasm for the new 24-inch iMac among SellCell respondents seemed to be lukewarm. Only 14% said they intended to purchase a new M1 iMac, with 86% saying they weren't interested. Among potential buyers, blue was the most popular color, followed by silver, green, purple, yellow, pink, and orange, in that order.

According to the survey, 24.9% of respondents said they intended to buy the new M1 iPad Pro. Most users would opt for the 11-inch iPad Pro (66.2%), with 33.8% stating that they'd go for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.

When it came to future iPhone products, SellCell surveyed users on what they'd like to see in the next Apple handset. About 21% said they want Touch ID to return, 17% said they wanted a 120Hz screen refresh rate, 15% said they wanted a smaller or non-existent notch, and 12% said they wanted Apple to put the charger back into the box.

According to SellCell, 92.6% of the respondents said they would never consider switching to Android.

SellCell surveyed more than 3,000 iPhone and iPad users aged 18 and older in the U.S. The survey was conducted between May 4 and May 11, 2021.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mobirdmobird Posts: 753member
    Boy, that "Pal About" app must be very special and only available to a select few as the ordinary Joe such as myself is unable to find it in the app store.../jk
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    mobird said:
    Boy, that "Pal About" app must be very special and only available to a select few as the ordinary Joe such as myself is unable to find it in the app store.../jk
     :D What would happen if somebody submitted an app with that name now?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    AirTags seem to have a good start.

With Tile f’ing things up don’t be surprised if Apple takes over this segment. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Enthusiasm for the new 24-inch iMac among SellCell respondents seemed to be lukewarm. Only 14% said they intended to purchase a new M1 iMac

If 14% of iPhone and iPad users bought a new iMac this year, I'm pretty sure that would make it one of the top selling computers of all time.

I also question the Airtag report? 61%?! I'm sure this survey more accurately measures interest rather than intent or inevitability, but that sounds ridiculously high.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I bought 4 air tags then ordered 4 more , love it. I put it in my luggage when traveling 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    helltoupe said:
    Enthusiasm for the new 24-inch iMac among SellCell respondents seemed to be lukewarm. Only 14% said they intended to purchase a new M1 iMac

If 14% of iPhone and iPad users bought a new iMac this year, I'm pretty sure that would make it one of the top selling computers of all time.

I also question the Airtag report? 61%?! I'm sure this survey more accurately measures interest rather than intent or inevitability, but that sounds ridiculously high.

Really? 29 bucks a pop or buy a 4 pack to share with a friend. I think it’s about right…
    igorskyRayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    Beats said:
    AirTags seem to have a good start.

With Tile f’ing things up don’t be surprised if Apple takes over this segment. 
    I don't know who was guiding their strategy to complain non-stop about AirTags instead of jumping into the Find My network, but it's a great study on corporate ineptitude.  
    watto_cobra