US removes Xiaomi from blacklist banning Chinese technology firms

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,328member
    Trump based his sanctions on fabricated and unsupported claims of "National Security" and shouted down any nay-sayers.

Without his megaphone the claims will be questioned.
    You seem unable to recognize that the Biden Administration isn't doing all that much different in its China policy, albeit there is a difference in expression of that policy, which is going a long way to rebuild the relationships with our allies.

China is still the primary National Security issue of the U.S., and the West, as it should be.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    ITGUYINSD said:
    ITGUYINSD said:
    entropys said:
    Xiaomi  make some good gear, like portable batteries and robot vacuum cleaners, but all too much of their phone, earphone and computer gear is a blatant rip off of Apple gear. 
    And at the moment the Chinese government’s behaviour is pretty bad, making it hard to justify dealing with Chinese companies.
    https://www.mi.com/global/product/mi-11-ultra/overview

I fail to see how their phones are "a blatant ripoff of Apple gear".  The M11 Lite -- similar lens layout but how many different ways can you arrange 3 lens + flash?

Reviews of their high end phones are usually great.
    Your post suggests a complete ignorance of history, of how this evolved since 2007. 

Unless you have a narrative you're trying to peddle, look up Xiaomi's past of ripping off Apple's designs (if not software). 
    No narrative and I don't really care one way or the other, but if you read what I replied to:

"but all too much of their phone, earphone and computer gear is a blatant rip off of Apple gear. "

IS a blatant ripoff (suggests PRESENT products), not WAS a blatant ripoff (suggests PAST products).  I live in the present and I don't see much of their current product line of phones being a rip off of the iPhone.

But you don't object to Microsoft, Google & Samsung doing the same?   Only China?  Why is that?

hydrogen
  • Reply 23 of 23
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    tmay said:
    Trump based his sanctions on fabricated and unsupported claims of "National Security" and shouted down any nay-sayers.

Without his megaphone the claims will be questioned.
    You seem unable to recognize that the Biden Administration isn't doing all that much different in its China policy, albeit there is a difference in expression of that policy, which is going a long way to rebuild the relationships with our allies.

China is still the primary National Security issue of the U.S., and the West, as it should be.

LOL.... Hardly!
    Russians have attacked this country 5 times in the last 5 years.   China?   Not once!   Now they're being supplemented by domestic right wing terrorists. 
    In reality, it is the opposite:  We attacked them.   Stirred up trouble in both Hong Kong and Taiwan and we launched a smear campaign against them -- and even hold one of their citizens as a political hostage.   And, through it all, China responded with reason and restraint.

But yeh we still hear:   "China is the threat...."
    "Hey!  Look over there!"
    I think they call that "Gullible".

Biden has no reason to cover for Russia or Russians.   He has never once used the "National Security Threat" bullshit.
    But no, he won't directly renounce Trump's lies about China.  He'll let the fools settle down then move forward.

But, go ahead:  ignore reality and come back with your usual:  "But what about...." diversion.