Space Gray Magic accessories listed as sold 'while supplies last'

Posted:
in General Discussion
Tied to the now-discontinued iMac Pro, the Space Gray Magic Keyboard, Mouse, and Trackpad are showing "while supplies last" in Apple Store.

The Space Gray Magic accessories are being sold
The Space Gray Magic accessories are being sold "while supplies last"

When Apple released the iMac Pro it came with Space Gray accessories to match. Now, it appears as if Apple will discontinue the accessories along with the already discontinued iMac Pro.

When customers click on the Space Gray Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad a small message appears at the bottom of the screen. Apple tends to indicate "while supplies last" on products that will no longer be sold by the company, but there hasn't been any official word from Apple on the matter.

'while supplies last'
'while supplies last'

The message was first reported by MacRumors, which believes that this indicates the products are being discontinued from sale. Apple will only sell the silver Magic accessories after the Space Gray options sell out.

The 24-inch iMac ships with color matched accessories for all seven color options. That means Apple's accessory configurations have become much more complicated and the company may be looking to clear off the old inventory.

Apple does not sell the color-matched Magic accessories separately yet, but is expected to in the future.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get the latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Yeah it’s unbelievable that none of the new product comes in black or space gray Apple is losing their minds with these crazy colors.  Especially the colors they offered for the accessories for the air tag I’m a businessman I can have a yellow or pink keychain I just want black.
    d_2caladaniandarkvaderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 14
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    I purchased my Space Grey keyboard/mouse/trackpad a couple months ago for exactly this reason.  I never liked the all-white models. 
    darkvaderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 14
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,126member
    lsn2mejaz said:
    Yeah it’s unbelievable that none of the new product comes in black or space gray Apple is losing their minds with these crazy colors.  Especially the colors they offered for the accessories for the air tag I’m a businessman I can have a yellow or pink keychain I just want black.
    Apple doesn't make a pink or yellow keychain for the Airtag. Baltic Blue, Red, Saddle Brown

Belkin has one in Black

But, yeah. They really should have had a Black/Space Grey iMac rather than sticking to the colours of the old Apple logo.
    caladaniandarkvaderwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 14
    h4y3sh4y3s Posts: 83member
    I would imagine (expect) APPL will be introducing an M1X (ish) iMac Pro in black (let’s go for piano black!) soon!
    robabawatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 14
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Yes probably means a redesigned keyboard in a different shade for the big iMac and MBPs.

I would hope the colour scheme isn’t a white bezel.
    caladanianwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Apple_BarApple_Bar Posts: 134member
    Space Gray is joining the HomePod, black bezels, iMac Pro at the mausoleum. 
  • Reply 7 of 14
    hammeroftruthhammeroftruth Posts: 1,309member
    Meh. I didn’t like how they gouged you for space grey anyway. 

I hope that companies like Logitech make tasteful mice and possibly keyboards for the new iMacs. 

I’ve always preferred a 2 button mouse anyway. 
  • Reply 8 of 14
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    Soon to be announced - the new M2 iMac Pro in space pink!
    darkvader
  • Reply 9 of 14
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    lsn2mejaz said:
    You have plenty of Windows PC choices if you want black. 
  • Reply 10 of 14
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    This kind of solidifies the idea that the next edition of iMacs will be colorful as well. Then there’s always the rumor about a possible smaller cheese grater Mac. But a black iMac? I don’t think so. That would be so far off the reservation of Apple design as to be almost unthinkable.

And when the colorful iMacs are available you’ll begin to see them all over the place in movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc.
    edited May 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Oh, come on. The silver one will be discontinued soon as well BECAUSE THEY’VE BEEN REDESIGNED!

If the new iMacs are the consumer machines that they’re believed to be, maybe the next iMacs with bigger displays and next gen processors will come in the more “neutral” colours with matching keyboards.
    robabawatto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 14
    robabarobaba Posts: 228member
    h4y3s said:
    I would imagine (expect) APPL will be introducing an M1X (ish) iMac Pro in black (let’s go for piano black!) soon!
    And the fact that new keyboard/accessories will need to be updated for fingerprint unlocking.  It time has come and gone soon to be replaced by more advanced professional space gray  accessories.
    caladanianwatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Ridiculous that Apple discontinues the space gray accessories when they sell space gray MacBooks.  But they are on sale at Amazon so I picked up a new space Gray keyboard to keep sealed and use as a replacement when my existing one wears out.  Not a fan of the 24” iMac and if that trend carries over to the bigger iMac, no thanks.  
    darkvader
  • Reply 14 of 14
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Oh, come on. The silver one will be discontinued soon as well BECAUSE THEY’VE BEEN REDESIGNED!

If the new iMacs are the consumer machines that they’re believed to be, maybe the next iMacs with bigger displays and next gen processors will come in the more “neutral” colours with matching keyboards.

Of course the new iMacs are consumer machines.  With those ridiculous colors and underpowered M1 chips limited to 16GB RAM what else could they be?