Think Secret says new iPod...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 86
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I can't get Think Secret to load, and that image in the first post is a red X.

Apple Legal silences another? First it's my sig, and now this?!

• Reply 22 of 86
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    There might be a practical consideration behind the docking station: There have been a lot of complaints of the iPod's FireWire connector coming loose — and ceasing to work — after repeated pluggings and unpluggings. This is obviously not a good thing.

Apple might have decided, after looking at the problem, that it would be easier to switch to a more solid connector than it would be to sufficiently reinforce the FW jack.
  • Reply 23 of 86
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    That's right Amorph and some FW ports on Macs have been going up in smoke while Hot Swapping FW devices. This is a protection against that happening IMO.
  • Reply 24 of 86
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Darn.. me neither. Did anyone grab the pic?
  • Reply 25 of 86
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Anybody save the pic?
  • Reply 26 of 86
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    luckily i got to see the thinksecret board before it crashed or was attacked by the mad dogs of apple legal...

the way i see it is....maybe the mac faithfull will be a bit pissed by this, but they will still always buy an apple mp3 player....this could open up lots of purchases by PC people...i will take a wait and see approach....but currently i have a nomad MGII that uses a cradle by usb to my iTunes and i love that little bugger...still i can't wait to pass it down to one of my daughters and get an apple iPod...was just waiting for the right time and price (my nomad works great so it is hard to justify buying a new mp3 player)...the new 10 gigger for under 300 would be nice enough to make me look twice....

i think pc people will like a cradle...i think stores would like just one model to sell (pc/mac vs one pc and one mac)...if the cradle and extra buttons make the iPod less prone to breaking (FW port damage, scroll wheel failure, etc) then they will be good things...time will tell

g

ps...can apple make them take down a drawing they did on their own??? this would not be an apple photo nor an apple drawing??? probably just too many geeks hitting the TS site....g
  • Reply 27 of 86
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    I read the picture was just an artists depiction of what he thought it was gonna look like.

Anyway i didn't see the picture...anyone save it?
  • Reply 28 of 86
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Got this from another board:

Quote:

The new design -- shown below in a Think Secret-commissioned artist rendering -- will now have four, round control buttons immediately below the display. Previously the rewind, fast forward, pause/play and menu buttons encircled the touch-sensitive scroll wheel. The addition of the control buttons will apparently not increase the unit's overall size or cause a reduction in size of the scroll wheel or 2-inch diagonal display. The current models are 4.0-inches tall and 2.4-inches wide.

It was a mockup I guess...
  • Reply 29 of 86
    yeah, it was a fairly simple mockup too....which is why i wonder if apple can make them take it down??

g

damn spymac

here
  • Reply 30 of 86
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Here you go, you freaks!

• Reply 31 of 86
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    A drawing or rendering is not a photograph and cannot be stopped from being shown. Don't know why it's no longer there. Maybe they found out it was all wrong?
  • Reply 32 of 86
    I see "Rewind", "Scan","Fast Forward" and "Play" ... what about "Menu"?

rr.
  • Reply 33 of 86
    occamoccam Posts: 54member
    And what about delete? I'd love to be able to push a button to delete a track I never want to listen to again. Feature would have to delete the track from the iTunes library as well making for a permanent change. I would ask for that feature before all others.
  • Reply 34 of 86
    cubecube Posts: 142member
    I got one of the last ipods in Oslo

Im so happy!!

I got the 10 Gb verson and its eaven niser than i foth!

MAX
  • Reply 35 of 86
    looprumors jumps in to the fray:

g

will it have the extra buttons AND a scroll wheel??
  • Reply 36 of 86
    Think Secret is down as of 1:15 PM EDT.
  • Reply 37 of 86
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Think Secret is down as of 1:15 PM EDT.

How did Apple sue them, put them out of business and shut down their server so fast?
  • Reply 38 of 86
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    they used a PC....

/me hides!!
  • Reply 39 of 86
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I bet that Mandricard is psyched about the iPod news on Think Secret!

Escher
  • Reply 40 of 86
    The ship carrying the new iPods out of Taiwan has been sunk by a North Korean patrol boat. So, no need to worry about anything.