TwelveSouth announces new ActionSleeve 2 band for Apple Watch

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited May 2021
The new band moves your Apple Watch from your wrist to your arm, allowing you greater range of movement at the gym and protecting your device from nicks and dings.

TwelveSouth announces new ActionSleeve 2 band for Apple Watch

TwelveSouth has a new Apple Watch band for fitness fanatics and gym gurus alike, giving you more options to comfortably wear your Apple Watch while working out.

The new ActionSleeve 2 is designed to be worn on the bicep or forearm, allowing for a greater range of motion at the wrist. This is particularly useful for those lifting weights, doing pushups, or playing sports that require dexterity.

When inside the ActionSleeve 2, the Apple Watch screen, lock button, and Digital Crown are still readily accessible. TwelveSouth states that as long as the wearer makes sure the strap is tight, the Apple Watch will still be able to track progress and when worn on the wrist.

The ActionSleeve 2 can be purchased directly from TwelveSouth for $39.99, and features free shipping and 30-day returns for those in the United States. It works with the Apple Watch Series 4 through Apple Watch Series 6, including the Apple Watch SE.

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider," and you'll get latest AppleInsider Podcast. Or ask your HomePod mini for "AppleInsider Daily" instead and you'll hear a fast update direct from our news team. And, if you're interested in Apple-centric home automation, say "Hey, Siri, play HomeKit Insider," and you'll be listening to our newest specialized podcast in moments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    CiaranFCiaranF Posts: 23member
    A solution for a problem that doesn’t exist lol. 
  • Reply 2 of 10
    damankasdamankas Posts: 12member
    Because the first thing you want while doing push-ups or doing any bicep related workout is a “tight enough” strap around said bicep.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I play soccer, I can’t have anything around my wrist when I play. This works for me. It is a specialized need
    GeorgeBMacJWSCwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 10
    crushedcrushed Posts: 18member
    How does this affect any movement aggregation algos that assume the watch is worn on either wrists?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 10
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 688member
    I wonder if the heart rate monitor would work better up on your arm. When I work out, half the time the Watch can't detect my pulse. This is especially stupid when I am working out to Fitness+ and my heart rate is supposed to be on the screen I'm looking at.
    edited May 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 10
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    crushed said:
    How does this affect any movement aggregation algos that assume the watch is worn on either wrists?
    Probably  a LOT.   In addition to tracking heart rate it relies on arm motion for things like step counts and even fall detection.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 10
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    CiaranF said:
    A solution for a problem that doesn’t exist lol. 
    It absolutely is a problem for those is a gym environment working with weights and those who practice the martial arts.  My son is a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo and his instructor has insisted that no Apple Watch, Fitbit or regular watch be present on people’s wrists.  During combat training people could be injured by coming into contact with these devices.  If the device is worn as an armband there’s much less likelihood of contact and injury.
    michelb76watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Only one color????
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 10
    michelb76michelb76 Posts: 612member
    Appleish said:
    I wonder if the heart rate monitor would work better up on your arm. When I work out, half the time the Watch can't detect my pulse. This is especially stupid when I am working out to Fitness+ and my heart rate is supposed to be on the screen I'm looking at.
    You may need a different, better fitting band then.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 10
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    michelb76 said:
    Appleish said:
    You may need a different, better fitting band then.

In another thread there were multiple reports that the Apple Watch would not track heart rate during Apple Fitness+ workouts.  I noticed that myself doing their treadmill workouts.