Customers receive first M1 iMac, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4K orders

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2021
It's launch day for the M1 iMac, iPad Pro, and Apple TV 4K, and customers in certain parts of the globe are starting to receive their orders.

iPad Pro
Source: Deon Tsang via Twitter

The new 24-inch iMac, Apple TV 4K with redesigned Siri Remote, and M1 iPad Pro models became available to preorder in April, and will start arriving in-store and on customer doorsteps on Friday, May 21.

It's already Friday in Australia and New Zealand, so some early buyers are starting to receive their orders at least a day before their counterparts in the U.S. and other regions.

Source: Tomoya Amachi via Twitter

Customers in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe will be the next in line to start receiving their preorders, while in-store sales will start at Apple Stores and other retailers. The North American launch will be the last.

Despite the official launch being on Friday, at least one Apple TV 4K buyer received their order at least two days early. It isn't clear where that lucky Apple customer lives, however.

">

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lolliverlolliver Posts: 494member
    My new Apple TV arrived and so far I’m very happy with it. I upgraded from the HD. 

So far only issue is getting everyone’s accounts to show up. I have gone into the Home app for each member of the family and switched on “show me on Apple TV” but no one else’s accounts have shown up. 

Hopefully that will change soon. 
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Got my iPad Pro this morning at Rosenstrasse in Munich. They had a pretty good allotment here and has a couple of each configuration available this morning. 
  • Reply 3 of 9
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    I pre ordered just as the window opened and UPS says mine was shipped the 13th from China and has sat at UPS in Louisville, KY until yesterday. It is out on the truck for delivery today.
    The iPad Pro I have currently is ready sold, so this upgrade was pretty close to free.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Does that little girl need the M1 iPad Pro more than me?!

*jealousy grunts*
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mccargosmccargos Posts: 12member
    I’m waiting on UPS to drop mine off it’s on the truck and they say it should be here in the next couple hours.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    "Two days early" is the norm for a delivery of any Apple product I order. In fact, my AirTags arrived two WEEKS earlier than Apple's scheduled delivery date.
    Japhey
  • Reply 7 of 9
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    "Two days early" is the norm for a delivery of any Apple product I order. In fact, my AirTags arrived two WEEKS earlier than Apple's scheduled delivery date.
    Same here. My personalized AirTags showed up last Monday, two weeks earlier than expected. They actually came two days before the Belkin keychains I ordered. 
  • Reply 8 of 9
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    A funny postscript to my previous post: I ordered a watch band last night with a delivery quote for next Tuesday ($9), or next Wednesday (free). I just received an email from Apple saying it will be here tomorrow morning (1.5 days). Never pay for delivery unless they offer the Express option and you really need it immediately. 
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Fidonet127Fidonet127 Posts: 507member
    Received our Green mid tier iMac 16/256 yesterday. Had to reboot it to downgrade security to install the thunderbolt RAID driver and then approve the driver. I have not noticed much difference between the Intel Mac and the new M1 iMac for external drive performance. Then again I’m not using high performance drives. I’ve had the raid driver lock the writing to the drive, which required rebooting to allow writing again. Two kernel panics though. 

Back magic test of internal drive is 2038.2 write and 2884 read. 

As this is the main computer, we never had enough ports, even with the old 2014 mini or 2009 iMacs prior to that. We bought a small usb-c to four port USB-a hub to plug in the older usb-3 hubs. Also bought Thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter. 

As it stands, by far the internal drive is the fastest, followed by the ThunderBay(2016) and the regular USB drives are last. 
    edited May 2021