iMac order stuck in Memphis TN

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
Ordered my iMac 5 minutes after the store allowed it. It went from China to Memphis TN in a week (arrived April 30th). The Fedex site said it would be delivered on May 21st before noon but no scans were taking place. Yesterday I contacted Fedex and they said that it was in Memphis due to fog? I checked the flight control website and all was clear with no delays. Now on Fedex is says Pending. When I contacted Apple they said the date for delivery was Monday the 24th and if I do not receive it I could contact them and resolve the issue. Why is this order sitting in Memphis? Has anybody else received their new iMac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    While we've had access to an iMac for a few days, our photo model for today's review and one of our staffer's iMacs have arrived.

Memphis is a giant Fedex hub.
    edited May 2021
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Memphis is not just a giant Fedex hub, it's where the company is headquartered.

Twenty years ago pretty much all FedEx Air parcels went through Memphis which made it the world's busiest airport by aircraft takeoffs and landings (but not passenger traffic).

Today FedEx has regional hub airports so an overnight FedEx Letter from LA to Seattle doesn't go through Memphis anymore.

It's possible that the tracking information is faulty. It's possible that the package is lost in their system. Sometimes packages get erroneously routed. While rare, these things do occur; this is not FedEx specific, it happens to all common carriers. No system has a 100% operational record.

I would bring it up with Apple Customer Service and have them initiate a trace. Apple is FedEx's customer.