Think Secret says new iPod...

Comments

• Reply 41 of 86
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    I guess when the picture comes up missing from your post, and the source of the rumor goes down, that kind of validates that it is offical.

With my current iPod, I am able to scroll through the songs within seconds, going forward, backward and playing is a breeze. That is why I love the iPod.

If they take that away, I know I will not be the only one unhappy with the new iPods.

It would be nice maybe if the buttons were an optional use, like you can still use the scrool wheel if you want, or the buttons.
  • Reply 42 of 86
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i think thinksecret is down due to too many hits or server problems...not due to apple...notice looprumors is still up...

as for the buttons...would be cool if there are buttons and a scroll wheel...we shall see...

g
  • Reply 43 of 86
    mjemje Posts: 91member
    Loop Rumors is down now (edit: story removed): 2:21 CT
  • Reply 44 of 86
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MJE

Loop Rumors is down now (edit: story removed): 2:21 CT

Hmm two rumors site down after speaking of the new I pod : one explanatoin : the rumor is true. The next I pod is on the way
  • Reply 45 of 86
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I like the LoopRumors mockup MUCH better. Whoever runs that site has some Graphic Chops.
  • Reply 46 of 86
    mjemje Posts: 91member
    The Pic is still up though.... Lets wait for a couple more minutes.... I have them both saved on my HD.

Ha you can't keep ME silent apple (insane laugh)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

Wow I'm really an idiot
  • Reply 47 of 86
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    On Looprumors, the screen has less of a border around it. Is it larger or is the iPod smaller? Making the iPod a two hand machine doesn't make sense to me.
  • Reply 48 of 86
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Please NO, not a dock!

I keep thinking about those awful Kodak easyshare docks whick are sold as if an "optional extra" but you really have to buy one for downloading to the damn camera.
  • Reply 49 of 86
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Think Secret is back up and the picture is still there so Apple didnt do anything
  • Reply 50 of 86
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Quote > New to the unit is a FireWire docking/charging station -- shown to the right in the artist rendering. The dock will be included at no additional charge with the units and will come with the standard dock connector cable. The only benefit of the dock over the cable is the ability to stand the unit upright, similar to a PDA. <

Phew!
  • Reply 51 of 86
    looprumors up, thinksecret up...all photos still there

still just rumors humans...but 10.2.5 is real, and here now....g

ps...will new iPods be announced this tuesday, april 15th, with a shipping date of "end of month"...or will apple wait till pods are in their nasty little hands first...

i would like a pre-announcement...but then i want them to pre-announce the 970s on tuesday also....

g
  • Reply 52 of 86
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Best way to validate now that these rumor sites are still up is to call Apple security and tell them...and if you do not see the pictures on the sites within a few hours - REAL
  • Reply 53 of 86
    but they are not stolen images from apple, nor are they apple diagrams...they are mock-ups done by TS and LR to show what they think is coming....i don't think apple can stop people from posting mock-ups and guesses, even if they are close or even dead on...and i don't think apple would care anyway...this is not a new computer or new case...this is a new iPod, apple might even like the increased press and word of mouth right before a new iPod release....

g

ps...looprumors mock up is much nicer...if the iPod is anything like the two mock ups, i hope it is LR's with the curved layout of buttons and the larger screen...now will the scroll wheel still function or will they make an os X type dock in the screen bottom that is controlled by the 4 buttons??

not that i don't love and appreciate thinksecret.....

(gelding adds hastily after seeing nick is veiwing this thread...hi nick)

gotta love this link
  • Reply 54 of 86
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

ps...looprumors mock up is much nicer...if the iPod is anything like the two mock ups, i hope it is LR's with the curved layout of buttons and the larger screen...now will the scroll wheel still function or will they make an os X type dock in the screen bottom that is controlled by the 4 buttons??

Yeah, although not as attractive, having the buttons on top, especially if the are arched like in the Looprumors mock-up, would be functionally superior to the buttons around the perimiter as it is now. At least, that's how I feel. I also assume the docking station will allow the plugging in of the AC adapter. That way when you're on a trip it can sit all neat and tidy on your night table! Heck, if you don't like the dock, just pitch it!

Also, I see no reason why they would ever get rid of the scroll wheel. That's part of what makes it so great. Besides, both of the mock-ups clearly have the scroll wheel still in place.
  • Reply 55 of 86
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

...now will the scroll wheel still function or will they make an os X type dock in the screen bottom that is controlled by the 4 buttons?

Uh, both of the mockups still pretty clearly show the scroll wheel. Why would moving the buttons up away from it stop the scroll wheel from functioning?
  • Reply 56 of 86
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

The ship carrying the new iPods out of Taiwan has been sunk by a North Korean patrol boat. So, no need to worry about anything.

Quote:

Originally posted by MJE

The Pic is still up though.... Lets wait for a couple more minutes.... I have them both saved on my HD.

Ha you can't keep ME silent apple (insane laugh)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

Wow I'm really an idiot

You guys crack me up! Gave me the biggest laughs of the day, thanks.

Onto more serious stuff, I think the designs are alright! I kinda like them! A slightly bigger screen would kick @$$ tho! How about lit-up buttons, when you turn the screen light on? How about being able to choose the color of the backlit screen like on some cellphones??

I hope the clicker sound stays the same or that it can be customized, etc. Is that a sound file or how does the iPod do the clicking sound? It would be kinda cool if it had a start-up sound like macs... or if it could yell "Quack! Quack!" when your battery is running down.
  • Reply 57 of 86
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

The point of having the buttons all around the scrolling wheel was that you didn't have to look at all, because it made sense.

Having them in one row is a bad idea, and I really doubt it.

It's not as logical as you think it is. They're all right next to each other without tactile separation. When it's in my leather belt-clip, I can't always tell if I'm pressing the right button. And a single row of buttons might make more sense from a browser standpoint...
  • Reply 58 of 86
    beigeuserbeigeuser Posts: 371member
    Maybe adding firewire and USB2 to the main unit used too much space. So, apple made a compact proprietary connector to be used between the dock and the ipod. The USB2 and firewire is on the dock. That way you get better windows compatibility without sacrificing the firewire port nor the compactness of the ipod.

or..

Maybe there is only a firewire port on the ipod and the dock has a USB2 to firewire bridge. USB2 Windows users will need to use the dock. Others can plug it in directly.
  • Reply 59 of 86
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

It's not as logical as you think it is. They're all right next to each other without tactile separation. When it's in my leather belt-clip, I can't always tell if I'm pressing the right button. And a single row of buttons might make more sense from a browser standpoint...

I disagree.. I think if I reach down for a button in a row of buttons, I won't necessarily know which I have my finger on, especially if it's one of the two in the middle.

In the current design, however, it's incredibly obvious which button you're pressing.. one on the far top, one on the far bottom, one on the far right, and one on the far left.

BTW, the 10 GB has been going at the UCLA Store for $279 for a while now.
  • Reply 60 of 86
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Hmm. Looks like the new design is real, according to Arn over at MacRumors. He nailed the Al12 & Al17, so he might be right on this as well.